- 16 min ago Intensive Blood Pressure Management At 50 Likely To Preserve Brain Health
- 1 hr ago Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- 2 hrs ago Real Stories Of Monogamous Couples: When And Why They Chose to Be Monogamous
- 3 hrs ago Deepika Padukone Plays With Denims For Her Latest International Magazine Photoshoot
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 3 Week 8 Elimination: Yet Another Female Contestant To Be Evicted?
- Technology Huawei Mate X Finally Gets A Release Date
- News Krishna water levels up: Chandrababu Naidu asked to vacate house immediately
- Finance How Has A Change In Our Shopping Habits Hurt The Indian Economy?
- Automobiles Toyota C-HR Hybrid SUV Spied Testing In India: Another Hybrid For Indian Market?
- Sports Emery confirms contract talks for Arsenal stars Aubameyang and Lacazette
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Saffron or kesar is a rich source of anti-oxidants and carotenoids. High concentration of natural carotenoids, crocin, crocetin, picrocrocin and flavonoids present in saffron helps to protect the lens and retina of ageing eyes.
It also contains terpenes, terpene alcohols and their esters. Among these, safranal is the main component with anti-oxidant properties.
Do you know the role of saffron in macular degeneration prevention? Macula is the central part of our visual field.
It is located in the centre of the retina and is rich in light sensing cells. Macular degeneration is the main cause of blindness.
It may not cause vision problems in the beginning, but gradually the macula will become damaged leading to irreversible blindness.
Use saffron and macular degeneration will no more be a challenge! It will protect the pigmented cells of the retina from oxidative damage.
Saffron can restore the function and structure of retinal cells that are damaged by age-related macular degeneration and oxidative stress. There are many ways to include saffron in your diet. We will explain some simple methods to make saffron a part of your daily diet.
The anti-oxidant property of crocin in saffron is stronger than alpha tocopherol. It will protect the retinal cells from degeneration and improve the sensitivity of the retina to light. Saffron has anti-carcinogenic, immune modulating and neuro protective properties.
How To Use Saffron To Improve Your Eyesight:
1. Saffron Tablets For Eyesight
Oral supplementation of saffron tablets for better eyesight is found to be effective. It can protect retinal cells effectively. Use a daily supplementation of 20 mg saffron tablets for eyesight. It can protect and repair retinal cells.
2. Saffron Water
Add 8-10 fresh organic saffron strands to a cup of boiling water. Keep it closed for 10 minutes. Have a cup of warm saffron water daily in the morning or evening to preserve eye health.
3. Saffron Tea
To one cup of boiled milk, add sugar and ten strands of saffron. Boil it on low flame and switch off after 5 minutes. There is no need of straining the tea. Sip this and get the benefits of saffron for eye.
4. Saffron With Salads
You can add about 20 mg of saffron powder or 10 strands of saffron to your favourite salads. One tablespoon lemon juice and half teaspoon salt can also be added. You can have this saffron for macular degeneration prevention.
5. Saffron Rice
Add powdered organic saffron to the water you are using for preparing rice. It is better to follow the ‘absorption method' here. Because straining may remove the saffron powder from the rice. You can have this twice daily.
6. Saffron And Honey
Mix 20 mg of organic saffron or kesar powder to two teaspoon of honey and have it. Consumption of this, once daily will increase the retinal response and sensitivity to light and improve vision.
7. Add To Your Dish
You can crush some saffron strands with your fingers or with a mortar and pestle. Simply put them into your recipes. Get the benefits of saffron for eye and improve the elegance of your dish by imparting the red colour of saffron.
Since saffron improves visual activity in early age-related macular degeneration regardless of heredity, this will be a piece of good news for those who are genetically predisposed to macular degeneration.
Now that you are clear about the relationship between saffron and macular degeneration, include this in your diet starting today.