- 2 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Mrunal Thakur Gives Sangeet Ceremony Goals With Her Understated Attire
- 3 hrs ago 7 Habits That Can Help Couples Have An Exciting Sex Life
- 3 hrs ago Alia Bhatt Shares A Video Of Her Doing Deadlift, Here's Why You Should Start Doing This Exercise
- 3 hrs ago Tabu Upped Her Fashion Game With Her Green Gown At Andhadhun National Award Win Celebration
- Sports PKL 2019: All round Bengal Warriors beat former champions Patna Pirates
- News First image of Moon captured by Chandrayaan-2
- Movies Sara Ali Khan On Being Compared With Janhvi Kapoor & Ananya Pandey: I Don’t Get Bothered
- Technology NASA Spitzer Telescope Locates First Planet Without Atmosphere Orbiting Red Dwarf
- Automobiles Brand New Jawa Motorcycle Shows Rust On Wheel Rim And Exhaust: Customer Takes To Social Media
- Finance 5 Factors That Caused Mayhem In Indian Markets Today
- Education GPAT 2020 Will Be Held On January 24, Check Important Dates
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Onions are a must have ingredient in every kitchen. Though peeling the onions is a great pain, onions are one of the best taste enhancers. Onions are not just used for culinary purpose but also known for their innumerable health benefits. So, today in this article we will be discussing how red onions help in curing asthma.
When we go by the colour, onions come in basically two major varieties - red and white onions. Red onions are rich in antioxidants and are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, these are one of the best natural ingredients to treat asthma. Rich in vitamin C and sulphur compounds, onions are also known for its anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
Also Read: Health Benefits Of Onion
Several studies have concluded that the thiosulphinate compound found in red onions is one of the best anti-inflammatory ingredients. In addition to this, onions, specifically the red ones contain antioxidant compounds called quercetin and anthocyanin cyanidin in the form of flavonoids that help to treat allergies, of which asthma is just one.
Using red onions is one of the best methods to cure asthma. Here is how to use onions for curing asthma. Take a look.
Take about half a kilogram of red onion.
Take about 6-8 tablespoons of honey.
Take about 300 grams of dark brown sugar.
Take two lemons.
Take 5-6 glasses of water.
Method to prepare:
- Take one utensil and then heat the sugar until it starts melting down.
- Add the chopped red onions to it and then keep stirring it. Then add the water.
- Boil it until the water becomes one third quantity.
- Allow it to cool down and then add the lemon juice and honey.
- Keep this overnight in a glass jar.
How to consume:
Have this one tablespoon in case of adults and one teaspoon in case of children before each meal till the time you have the symptoms. One could also have raw onions or cooked ones with every meal.