- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 13 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- 15 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black Attire At The HT Leadership Summit!
- 15 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- Finance Bluechip Stock GAIL @52-Week Low; What's Hitting The Stock?
- News Kerala State Lottery Today Result: Karunya KR-425 lottery result
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Govinda’s Daughter Tina Supports Aarti Singh; Says She's Strong-headed And Friendly
- Sports La Liga joint leaders Barcelona and Real Madrid back in action
- Technology Redmi K30 5G To Feature 64MP Sony IMX686 Sensor
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Onions are a must have ingredient in every kitchen. Though peeling the onions is a great pain, onions are one of the best taste enhancers. Onions are not just used for culinary purpose but also known for their innumerable health benefits. So, today in this article we will be discussing how red onions help in curing asthma.
When we go by the colour, onions come in basically two major varieties - red and white onions. Red onions are rich in antioxidants and are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, these are one of the best natural ingredients to treat asthma. Rich in vitamin C and sulphur compounds, onions are also known for its anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
Also Read: Health Benefits Of Onion
Several studies have concluded that the thiosulphinate compound found in red onions is one of the best anti-inflammatory ingredients. In addition to this, onions, specifically the red ones contain antioxidant compounds called quercetin and anthocyanin cyanidin in the form of flavonoids that help to treat allergies, of which asthma is just one.
Using red onions is one of the best methods to cure asthma. Here is how to use onions for curing asthma. Take a look.
Take about half a kilogram of red onion.
Take about 6-8 tablespoons of honey.
Take about 300 grams of dark brown sugar.
Take two lemons.
Take 5-6 glasses of water.
Method to prepare:
- Take one utensil and then heat the sugar until it starts melting down.
- Add the chopped red onions to it and then keep stirring it. Then add the water.
- Boil it until the water becomes one third quantity.
- Allow it to cool down and then add the lemon juice and honey.
- Keep this overnight in a glass jar.
How to consume:
Have this one tablespoon in case of adults and one teaspoon in case of children before each meal till the time you have the symptoms. One could also have raw onions or cooked ones with every meal.