- 1 hr ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 2 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 3 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 3 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- News Parliament approves ship recycling bill passed in RS today
- Sports South Asian Games: Indian women's football team clinches third successive SAG gold, beats Nepal 2-0
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 64 - Will Madhurima And Vishal Give A Second Chance To Their Broken Relationship?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51, A71, S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite Prices Leak
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
When you're down with cold, cough or any other kind of an infection, then you might immediately go for a bottle of cold medicine in your cabinet.
Did you know that nature has provided with some natural remedies for cold and cough that will help boost immunity, fight infection and also promote lung health?
In this article, we have listed some of the top herbs that can help repair lung damage, fight infections as well as boost your lung's health.
If you're resorting to conventional medicine to address these infections with antibiotics, you're not only complicating the problems with antibiotic resistance (which your body will develop), but you're also doing very little to address the issue.
Herbal medicines are not only known to boost lung health, but they can also heal the infections and repair lung damage.
Scroll further to see some of the best known herbs that can help fight infections and boost lung health.
It contains a compound called cineole that fights to ease cough, fights congestion and also soothes irritated sinus passages. This is one of the best plants to fight infection.
2. Licorice Root:
This root softens the mucous membrane in the throat, lungs and stomach. It also helps to cleanse any inflamed mucous membrane and also naturally reduces the irritation in the throat. This is one of the top herbs to repair lung damage.
3. Osha Root:
This root contains of camphor and other compounds that can provide the best lung support. Osha root also increases blood circulation to the lungs and makes the passage easier to take in deep breaths.
This herb helps to fight chest congestion, as it contains powerful antiseptic properties. It is also a natural antibiotic and antifungal. Drinking thyme tea helps in the cleansing of bacteria and viruses from the body and hence prevents infections.
Oregano contains vitamins and nutrients that support a healthy immune system. It contains carvacrol and rosmarinic acid that are compounds that act as natural decongestants and histamine reducers.
It can be used as a natural remedy to clear excess mucus from the lungs. Mullein make a powerful herbal extract that has the ability to cleanse the bronchial tube and also reduces inflammation in the respiratory tract.
It contains menthol that soothes the muscles of the respiratory tract and helps with easy breathing. It also works as a natural decongestant that helps the body to fight off illnesses.
This can be used to treat lung problems and respiratory illnesses. This herb has rich aromatic properties that can soothe lung disorders and also clear sinuses.
9. Plantain Leaf:
This leaf contains antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. It helps to relieve dry cough by diluting the mucus that is produced in the lungs.