- 5 hrs ago Tamannaah Bhatia, Sophie Choudry, And Other Divas Look Their Fashionable Best
- 14 hrs ago 11 Natural Energy Drinks You Can Make At Home
- 16 hrs ago Tiny Antibodies From Llamas Can Potentially Treat COVID-19: Study
- 17 hrs ago What Is Juvenile Osteoporosis? Causes, Symptoms, Complications And Treatments
- Technology List Of 7 Inch Screen Smartphones Available To Buy In India
- Sports IPL 2021, KKR vs MI: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- News Narendra Modi meets Australian PM Scott Morrison in US ahead of 1st in-person Quad Summit
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Grand Premiere: Date, Time, Where To Watch & Streaming Details Of The Salman Khan Show
- Finance Realty Stocks To Buy As Outlook For The Sector Remains Bullish: Nifty Realty Gains 23% In 4 Session
- Automobiles Ford To Announce Settlement Packages For Its Employees; Plan To Shut Chennai Plant By 2022
- Education NIOS Practical Hall Ticket 2021 Released For Oct-Nov Examination
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
You are not able to eat properly, talk, not even swallow your saliva or even water. It pains and hurts when you have a sore throat. All that you want to do at that point of time is to just get rid of the condition as quickly as possible.
The moment this condition gets unbearable you start looking out for medication that will help in getting rid of it quickly. You pop in pills and apply balms. Well this might help, but popping in pills every time you get a sore throat might cause certain side effects.
Also Read: Tricks To Soothe A Sore Throat
So today in this article we will be listing out a few of the natural essential oils that help in getting rid of sore throat effectively.
If you are still in a dilemma as to whether essential oils are good for sore throat or how to use essential oils for sore throat then you need to check out this article.
But a note of caution: One needs to be careful about blending the essential oils. If needed, it is always best to consult a doctor before using it. Women who are pregnant and breast feeding need to avoid using essential oils or use it under strict supervision of a specialist.
1. Peppermint Oil:
Peppermint oil is rich in antioxidant and antimicrobial properties and is known for providing a cooling effect to the body and helps relieve congestion. Add a few drops of peppermint oil to your bath water or to your tea. It helps.
2. Lemon Essential Oil:
Rich in vitamin C, the lemon essential oil, derived from the skin of the lemon, is known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Add a few drops of lemon essential oil to a glass of warm water or tea and drink it. This helps in keeping the throat moist and eases a sore throat quickly.
3. Thyme Essential Oil:
Thyme is one of the best herbs known for its antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties. Take a few drops of this oil and apply it topically on the neck region. It helps in providing quick relief.
4. Clove Oil:
Clove oil is known for its antiviral, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Add 2-3 drops of clove oil to your tea or to your bath water. This helps in easing sore throat quickly.
5. Eucalyptus Oil:
Rich in antioxidant properties eucalyptus oil helps in strengthening the immune system and protects the body from infections. This essential oil can be rubbed on the chest or inhaled. This helps in breaking the mucus and helps in relieving sore throat.
6. Oregano Oil:
Oregano oil is known for its antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Add two-three drops of oregano oil to a glass of warm water and use this to gargle. Do this 3-4 times a day; this helps in providing quick relief.
7. Lavender Essential Oil:
Lavender essential oil is known for its antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties. Take a few drops of this essential oil; it can be applied topically or even ingested. Also, add a few drops in warm water and use this water to gargle 2-3 times a day. It provides quick relief.