- 49 min ago Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- 3 hrs ago What Is Psychedelic Therapy? Benefits And Risks Of The Future Of Mental Health Treatment
- 5 hrs ago On Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Birthday, Her Fashion From Movies Including Jab We Met And Omkara
- 9 hrs ago Expert Article: Nutritional Care And Challenges In Feeding A Patient With Alzheimer’s
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Movies Revealed: Varun Dhawan And Kriti Sanon-Starrer Bhediya's Plot
- Sports Messi ruled out of PSG's next match through injury, doubtful to face Guardiola's Man City
- News Narendra Modi, French President Macron discuss Indo-Pacific cooperation, Afghanistan crisis
- Automobiles New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- Education MHT CET Admit Card 2021 Released For PCB Group, Download Hall Ticket From cetcell.mahacet.org
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
- Finance Pension Alert: Dearness Relief For These CPF Beneficiaries Hiked To 356% Of Basic Ex-Gratia
When a sharp pain shoots down from your butt to your foot at the back of your leg, there are chances that you are suffering from sciatica. It affects the nerves that run down from your pelvis to your legs. Luckily, the pain sometimes goes away on its own, but the catch is that there is no guarantee that it will not show up again.
To get rid of this pain you can always go for a painkiller. But this will give you relief only for sometime. In order to get long term relief and see to it that the pain does not come back, you have to resort to certain natural remedies. These natural remedies not only help to get rid of the pain, they also see to it that the pain does not return.
Also Read: Things Only People With Sciatica Understand
The first natural way to get relief from sciatica pain is to rest well. Rest your leg well for two to three days and avoid any kind of activity that will put pressure on your legs. Go for hot and cold compresses on the affected area. This will provide instant relief. After you have completely rested, go for short walks and try light exercises.
Visit a physical therapist. The physical therapist will teach you certain physical exercises that will help you to combat the pain. He or she can ask you to do certain stretching exercises that will provide some relief to the sciatica nerve.
You can also go for acupuncture. It involves the use of needles on certain parts of the body to treat the root of the problem. You can also try acupressure. In acupressure, certain points in our body are pressed. This increases blood circulation in the body and the affected area gets healed.
Also Read: Causes Of Sciatica During Pregnancy
Sciatica pain can also be treated with chiropathy. This kind of treatment focuses primarily on the spinal column and associated joints, and also on the muscles and tendons by optimizing blood circulation. Treatment is tailored to fit the age, build, pain levels and overall health of the person.