- 4 hrs ago Bigg Boss 16 ‘Circus Theme’ House Reflects Bold Colours, Effervescent Patterns, And Eclectic Vibe
- 5 hrs ago Nobel Prize For Literature: French Writer Annie Ernaux Wins Award
- 5 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Breathe Easy, This Sale Season: Upto 40% Off On Air Purifier
- 6 hrs ago Karva Chauth 2022: Alia Bhatt To Katrina Kaif, Red Ethnic Outfit Ideas From Bollywood Divas
- Finance Small Cap Stock, 8% Away From 52-Week Low, To Conduct Stock Split; 5 Years Return 6416%
- News Watch: Jaishankar accorded a Maori welcome
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 9: Prashanth Sambargi Suffers An Emotional Breakdown After He Fails To Perform Well In Task
- Sports ISL 2022-23: Kerala Blasters vs East Bengal; Preview, Kick-off time, Live telecast and Live Streaming details
- Automobiles New Ola Electric Scooter Incoming: Will Be Launched Around Diwali & Priced At Around Rs 80,000
- Technology Redmi Pad Review: Redefining Budget Tablet Category
- Education Jamia Millia Islamia launches new MSc Virology program: know details and how to apply
- Travel Sahara Desert: Largest Hot Desert in The World
Sneezing continuously can cause irritation and difficulty. It might be annoying, but sneezing is actually a protective mechanism that helps expel allergens and irritants out of your nose.
The act of sneezing is a reflex response when the nose protects itself from germs or any unwanted particles. Sneezing is a physiological process, which involves the movement of various muscles of the human body.
Some of the most common causes of sneezing are allergies, smoke, dust, wood dust, pollen and other such irritants. Also, cold weather, food allergies, certain drugs and rain can also lead you to sneeze continuously.
Continuous sneezing can leave your nose feeling sore and irritated. Though it is not a serious problem, continuous sneezing can be frustrating.
Natural Home Remedies For Continuous Sneezing
Garlic contains a compound called allicin which is very good in fighting the upper respiratory infection due to its natural antibiotic, antimicrobial and antiviral properties. Garlic can be used externally or internally to get relief from continuous sneezing caused by a common cold infection  .
- Crush five garlic cloves to make a fine paste and inhale its strong smell. It will help to clear the nasal passages, which could cause sneezing.
- You can also include garlic in your soups and salads.
Ginger is another spice that is very effective in curing continuous sneezing. It contains an active compound called gingerol which can help treat different viral and nasal problems, including sneezing  .
- Add a small piece of ginger into a cup of water and boil it. Add honey to it and drink it before going to bed.
- Or consume 3 tsp of ginger extract twice a day till the sneezing stops.
Note: People with gallstones, bleeding disorders and those taking blood-thinning medicines should avoid having ginger.
3. Chamomile tea
Chamomile is considered as one of the best home remedies that can stop you from sneezing continuously, which is caused by allergies. It has excellent antihistamine properties that can provide instant relief  .
- Add a tsp of dried chamomile flowers to 1 cup of boiling water. Add some honey to it and drink the tea. Drink it twice a day.
4. Fennel tea
Fennel seeds possess anti-inflammatory and antihistamine properties that can fight any upper respiratory infection. Fennel seeds work very well when consumed during a continuous bout of sneezing.
- Add 2 tsp of crushed fennel seeds to a cup of boiling water. Strain the liquid for 10-15 minutes. Drink 2 cups of this tea daily.
5. Tulsi leaves
Tulsi is considered a sacred plant and has been mentioned in Ayurveda for its potential health benefits. Tulsi has powerful antibacterial properties that can fight cold and flu symptoms like sneezing  .
- Add 3-4 tulsi leaves to a cup of boiling water. Consume this mixture daily before bedtime for 2-3 days.
Honey contains antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiseptic properties which can aid in reducing allergy symptoms such as sneezing. A study shows that honey consumed at a high dose can improve the symptoms of allergic rhinitis  .
- Eat a spoonful of organic raw honey thrice a day.
Lemon-based nasal spray can help in the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis according to a study  . Lemon essential oil has antibacterial properties as well that can destroy bacteria in the air and eliminate allergy triggers.
- Add a few drops of lemon essential oil into a bowl of steam water and inhale it. Do this thrice a day.
8. Saltwater spray
Saltwater nasal spray can be useful in clearing the thick mucus from the nose. This will help bring relief from sneezing continuously. Saltwater spray also keeps the cilia, a small hair-like structure in your nose healthy. Cilia traps the bacteria from entering the nose and thereby lowers sneezing  .
- Add a teaspoon of salt into a bowl of water.
- Heat it and inhale the steam.
- Do this thrice a day.
Tips To Stop Sneezing
- Protect yourself from air-borne irritants like chemicals, cement dust, poultry, asbestos, coal, metals, grain and flour.
- Increase the intake of vitamin C found abundant in citrus fruits. Vitamin C is an antihistamine compound and will help lower sneezing.
- Cover your nose during seasonal allergies.
- If sneezing goes out of hand, try over-the-counter antihistamine medications like cetirizine, fexofenadine, and loratadine.
-  Josling, P. (2001). Preventing the common cold with a garlic supplement: a double-blind, placebo-controlled survey.Advances in therapy,18(4), 189-193.
-  Kawamoto, Y., Ueno, Y., Nakahashi, E., Obayashi, M., Sugihara, K., Qiao, S., ... & Ohgami, N. (2016). Prevention of allergic rhinitis by ginger and the molecular basis of immunosuppression by 6-gingerol through T cell inactivation.The Journal of nutritional biochemistry,27, 112-122.
-  Kobayashi, Y., Takahashi, R., & Ogino, F. (2005). Antipruritic effect of the single oral administration of German chamomile flower extract and its combined effect with antiallergic agents in ddY mice.Journal of ethnopharmacology,101(1-3), 308-312.
-  Kamble, M., Londhe, S., Rapelli, P., Thakur, P., & Ray, S. (2017). A comparative study to assess the effect of steam inhalation v/s Tulsi leaves inhalation on the sign and symptoms of cold and cough among adult group in selected areas of Pune city.International Journal of Medicine Research,2(2), 24-26.
-  Asha'ari, Z. A., Ahmad, M. Z., Jihan, W. S., Che, C. M., & Leman, I. (2013). Ingestion of honey improves the symptoms of allergic rhinitis: evidence from a randomized placebo-controlled trial in the East coast of Peninsular Malaysia.Annals of Saudi medicine,33(5), 469-475.
-  Ferrara, L., Naviglio, D., & Armone Caruso, A. (2012). Cytological aspects on the effects of a nasal spray consisting of standardized extract of citrus lemon and essential oils in allergic rhinopathy.ISRN pharmaceutics,2012.
-  Hermelingmeier, K. E., Weber, R. K., Hellmich, M., Heubach, C. P., & Mösges, R. (2012). Nasal irrigation as an adjunctive treatment in allergic rhinitis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.American journal of rhinology & allergy,26(5), e119-25.
- skin careNatural Skincare For Summer: 7 Home Remedies To Get Healthy-Glowing Skin
- wellness14 Most Common Triggers Of Hiccups And Quick Tips To Get Rid Of 'Em
- hair careHow To Improve Your Hair Texture At Home: Home Remedies And Hair Masks
- wellness14 Safe And Effective Home Remedies For Ringworm Infection: Garlic, Tea Tree Oil, Salt And More
- disorders cureMonsoon Allergies: Types Of Common Allergies During The Season And Ways To Manage Them
- disorders cureEverything You Need To Know About Fever, Dengue Fever, Ebola, Chikungunya And Typhoid Fever
- prenatalMorning Sickness During Second Pregnancy: Effective Tips And Remedies
- wellness28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- wellnessHeadache 101: Everything You Need To Know From Causes, Symptoms To Home Remedies, Foods, Yoga Poses And More
- wellness12 Effective Home Remedies For Swollen Feet
- wellness8 Effective Natural Remedies That Can Help Manage Eczema Symptoms