- 2 hrs ago Saree Looks Decoded From The Pages Of History Following The Saree Twitter Trend
- 4 hrs ago On 3 Years Of Mom, Veteran Actress Sridevi’s Sober Outfits From The Film Decoded
- 5 hrs ago 7 Ways To Stop Being Taken For Granted By Your Partner
- 5 hrs ago 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Raw Mangoes; Side Effects And Healthy Recipes
- News Brazil's President Bolsonaro tests positive for COVID-19
- Sports Fans to distribute masks on Ganguly's birthday on Wednesday, do charity
- Movies If Nepotism Worked, Sunny Deol’s Son Would’ve Been Like Tom Cruise: Annu Kapoor
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Series Expected To Go For Sale Starting August 21
- Automobiles Bajaj Platina 100 Disc Variant Launched: Priced At Rs 59,373
- Finance ICICI Bank To Offer Its Employees 8% Hike For Working Amid Covid 19
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Did you know that two of the most common ingredients that are found in your home can be used to treat cancer? The two spices are none other than ginger and chilly. They not only add spice and masala to your foods but are also one of the most powerful foods that fight cancer.
According to a recent study, two active compounds present in ginger and chilly work together to lower the risk of cancer. Capsaicin is a compound present in chilly and 6-gingerol is a component present in ginger. It is believed that 6-gingerol binds to capsaicin to produce a strong compound. This compound is known to prevent the growth of tumor-growing receptors.
Consuming ginger helps in maintaining the health and and improves blood flow. It is enriched with magnesium, zinc and chromium that will duly serve its purposes. As per a report, it is said that ginger can be consumed in several forms such a tea or jam and this will help combat nausea as well during pregnancy.
The hot flavours in chilli, which is due to the compound called capsaicin, prevent pain that causes headaches and also help fight against inflammation. Further, chilli peppers are enriched with Vitamin C that will help boost the immune system.
Both 6-gingerol and capsaicin are found to bind to the same receptor in the cells. This receptor is linked with the growth of tumors in the body. Incorporating more ginger and chilli into the diet will do the needful. Most of our Indian cuisines have these two ingredients and now you have a range of options to choose from.
Apart from such dishes, you may also select from a range of other foods that you can prepare anytime.
So, have a look at the 2 recipes of these powerful foods that fight cancer.
1. Mango Ginger Salad:
Step 1: Prepare a dressing using raisins and boiling water. Let it soften for half an hour and then let it drain. Add oil, ginger, chilly, vinegar and salt to it. Set this mixture aside.
Step 2: Place the necessary salad greens and cut mangoes in a bowl and toss the dressing in it. Serve immediately.
2. Lentil And Bean Chilli:
Step 1: Heat a small amount of olive oil and add onions and bell pepper into it.
Step 2: Later, add ginger to it. After cooking it, add salt, chilli powder, tomatoes and water.
Step 3: Add lentils and cook for half an hour. You may also add beans and apple cedar vinegar to the mixture and simmer over a low flame for 20 minutes. Serve it over rice.