- 5 hrs ago Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- 8 hrs ago Tamil Actress Ramya Pandian Graces Cook With Comali Show In A Blue Khadi Linen Sari
- 8 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor And Rakul Preet Singh's Street-Style Looks Are Something To Look Forward To
- 8 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor And More
- Movies Lion Gold Awards 2020 Winners List: Shaheer, Hina, Jennifer, Shraddha, Dheeraj & Others Bag Awards
- News Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut awarded the 'Padma Shri'
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Automobiles TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Dentists have become slightly over priced today and we can't blame them. The best way to avoid a dentist trip is to simply find natural ways to look after our pearly white teeth. Avoiding foods that stain the teeth and drinks that make them rotten is a start in looking after your teeth. Apart from these two main elements which cause harm, there are various other things that may ruin your teeth.
Experts state that most of the time the one mistake which brings ruination to our teeth is not brushing it well. Using a hard tooth brush causes our gums to bleed and in turn brings on various types of oral diseases too. By lessening the mistakes that spoil our teeth, we are sure to have less dentist visits. Here are some of the things that ruin your teeth, take a look at how you can improve your oral care.
Toothpicks - Most of us are fond of picking teeth with a toothpick. These picks are available in different sizes and flavours. But, did you know these toothpicks cause abrasion of the teeth which leads to gum disease. This is one of the mistakes we make that only ruins our teeth.
Most of us are fond of picking teeth with a toothpick. These picks are available in different sizes and flavours. But, did you know these toothpicks cause abrasion of the teeth which leads to gum disease. This is one of the mistakes we make that only ruins our teeth.
If you floss your teeth after a meal, it is a good habit. If you dont, its better you start. Flossing teeth helps to remove the food particles which are stuck in between teeth that the brush cannot reach.
Clean Your Tongue
It is also important to use a tongue cleaner or your brush to scrape off the dirt from your tongue. If you make the mistake of avoiding to clean your tongue it will eventually cause bad breath.
Most of us avoid gargling our mouth after a meal. This is one fo the things that ruins your teeth. When you gargle and rinse your mouth, the food particles are released thus prevent any dental cavities. It also helps to keep gum disease at bay.
Cavities are common so there is no need to panic. However, if you have noticed a small cavity in your teeth never ignore it. Visit the dentist to get it cleaned and filled in. Avoid this mistake and your teeth won't be ruined.
As mentioned earlier, dentist visits are expensive, but it is important to visit the doctor at least once, every six months to get rid of accumulated plaque and check for cavities.
Using Abrasive Toothpastes Or Tooth Powders
Using toothpastes and tooth poeders that are abrasive for white, shiny teeth is another mistake you could be making. While they can make you teeth look brighter, they may also cause harm in the long run by damaging the tooth enamel.
Pick The Right Toothbrush
Is your toothbrush head elongated with hard bristles? If yes, replace it immediately for these kind of brushes are not good for the teeth and gums. It is best to use a small head and soft bristles brush to help clean and keep your teeth healthy.
How many of you strictly follow to brush your teeth at night after a meal? Experts state that food particles get stuck in your teeth and the bacteria in the mouth convert the sugars in your food to sugar acids. When you make the mistake of ignoring to brush, the sugar acids attack the enamel of your teeth and causing a yellow tint on your pearly white.
Ooops Did You Know
Did you know that a single toilet flush can spread bacteria over 10 feet away onto your toothbrush. This is one of the worst things that ruin your teeth. It is best to keep your brush outside your bathroom, or flush with the toilet lid closed.