- 5 min ago No Shave November Special: Benefits Of Beard Growth Serum And How To Apply It
- 14 min ago All Hell Breaks Loose When Indian Parents Find About Dating, 6 Tips To Guide Your Children
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 22 November 2019
- 16 hrs ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Gives Us Cues On How To Notch Up Our Travel Wardrobe
- News Inspired by Akshay Kumar villager turns 'padman', promotes menstrual hygiene
- Sports Mental Health: Woman cricketer Molineux takes break in Australia
- Finance DHFL Shares Lock In Upper Circuit On Reports Of Adani Group's Interest
- Automobiles Tata Motors Announces Mega Service Camp: Offers Vehicle Health Checks, Discounts & More
- Movies Adithya Varma Twitter Review: Here’s What Audiences Feel About The Dhruv Vikram Starrer!
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A71 Renders Surfaces Online With A Quad-Camera Setup
- Travel 10 Honeymoon Destinations In India – Let The Honeymoon Begin!
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
Is it tough for you to loose weight despite controlling your diet and exercising to shed off body mass? If yes, then there are chances that you might be suffering from hypothyroidism. Low thyroid or hypothyroidism is one of the fast growing disease that is targeting people of all age groups. Hypothyroidism is a condition when your thyroid glands are not producing enough thyroid hormone, thyroxine. This hormone is extremely important in regulating digestion and metabolic rate of your body.
Low thyroid secretion leads to a state of sluggishness, anxiety, insomnia and weight gain. People suffering from hypothyroidism are advised to take iodine rich diet by doctors. However, there are few foods that can help you in overcome the problematic symptoms of hypothyroidism.
1. Green leafy vegetables- People suffering from low thyroid secretion must include good amount of fruits and vegetables in their daily diet. As fruits and vegetable are rich in fibre, they help in giving relief to constipation and digestive problem. Our digestive system gets effected by hypothyroidism. Vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, sprouts and leafy greens must be included in your daily diet.
2. Juicy fruits- Juicy fruits helps in digestion and keeps you full for a long period of time. So, they are an ideal choice for thyroid patients. Fruits like blueberries, cherries, red plum, kiwis tomatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes and winter squash are a 'must' in the list of your daily diet.
3. Whole grains- Whole grains like brown rice, oatmeal, barley have significant amount of vitamin B and nutrients that boost your metabolism. That in turn stimulates your thyroid glands to secrete thyroid hormone. Whole grains are also low-glycemic which means they help in maintaining your blood sugar levels. Maintaining a proper blood sugar level helps in ensuring sustained energy levels that helps you to overcome lethargy. This makes it an essential food for people suffering from hypothyroidism.
4. Fatty Fish- Salmon, mackerel, trout are few fish that have high content of omega-3-fatty acids. People with low thyroid are often asked by doctors to increase their intake of omega-3-fatty acids. These fatty acids improves the functioning of immune system and reduces inflammation.
5. Poultry- Poultry products such as eggs, chicken, turkey breast are idle diet for people with low thyroid secretion. Poultry is rich in iron, zinc and vitamin D. Iron deficiency may worsen hypothyroidism symptoms. Therefore, people with low thyroid must ensure proper intake of poultry in their diet.
Hypothyroid is a condition that is very common these days. However, if you have a well-balanced lifestyle and make a few changes in your food habits then you can overcome the problematic symptoms of hypothyroidism.