- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 11 December 2019
- 12 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 12 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 14 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- News Tripura TET Result 2019 released: Check document scrutiny date
- Finance PAN-Aadhaar Linking Deadline Nears: Here's What To Do
- Movies Happy Birthday Dilip Kumar: How Amitabh Bachchan & Shah Rukh Khan Have Hero-worshipped The Thespian
- Sports Napoli sack Ancelotti despite progressing in Champions League
- Technology Amazon Headsets Fest Offers You Can Get On Headphones, Earphones, Truly Wireless Earbuds And More
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The cancer develops more in those people who are exposed to asbestos. Not only the work related exposure to the asbestos but also washing the clothes of a family member who worked with asbestos can put a person at risk for developing mesothelioma. Even though smoking doesn"t lead to mesothelioma, it can increase the severity of the disease.
The symptoms of mesothelioma may remain undetected even for 50 years. There are primarily two types of mesothelioma. The pleural mesothelioma attacks the lung region whereas the peritoneal mesothelioma affects the abdominal region.
Shortness of breath, cough, and pain in the chest due to an accumulation of fluid in the pleural space are often symptoms of pleural mesothelioma. Symptoms of peritoneal mesothelioma include weight loss and cachexia, abdominal swelling and pain due to ascites, bowel obstruction, blood clotting abnormalities, anemia, and fever. Also please note that these symptoms may be caused by mesothelioma or by other, less serious conditions.
Diagnosing mesothelioma is often difficult, because the symptoms are similar to those of a number of other conditions. In accordance with the patient"s medical history, tests can be performed. They include chest x-ray, lung function tests, biopsy and laparoscopy. The doctors can decide on the way of treatment depending on the severity of the cancer spread.
The usual treatment for mesothelioma includes conventional therapies in combination with radiation and or chemotherapy. While surgery itself proved disappointing, pleurectomy/decortications is a suggested one in which the lining of the chest is removed. For patients with localized disease immunotherapy has yielded variable results.
Wish you all good health!