Onam is around the corner. And people have already started prepping up for the big Onam day. We too have started listing the looks for Onam. Ladies, we know how busy you are with all the preparations so we have taken it on our shoulder to make you look good this Onam.
In this article, we have listed 10 ways you can style your Kasavu/Kerala sarees. It has something for every type of girl or a lady. If you like simple styling tips, if you want edgy bridal fashion tips, you'll get everything in this piece. All you have to do is scroll through and enjoy. Don't forget to try these tips on Onam. In fact, bookmark this article right away to keep your personal stylist handy.
1. Temple Jewellery: Amp up the look of your Kerala saree with the clever use of Temple jewellery. You can even add a Bengali touch to the ensemble with a big red bindi. Wear your gold necklace in layers and keep your hairstyle simple.
2. Kundan Necklace: Try the bridal jewellery charm. Match a multi-layered kundan necklace with your Kerala saree. Add ornate earrings and gold bangles. Wear your hair in an accentuated bun.
3. The Gajra Effect: If you don't want to flaunt your jewellery this Onam, try a simple yet effective accessorizing tool: Gajra. Instead of regular red blouse, get a green blouse to wear with your Kerala saree. It will amp up the look of your saree. And the open gajra style will further accentuate your look.
4. The Lehenga: Instead of regular pallu style, wear your pallu in a lehenga style adding a lot pleats in the skirt. Wear a golden blouse with the saree. Add under-layered gajra and a single line necklace to pep up the traditional look.
5. The Maang Tikka Addition: You can make your Kerala saree a bit more traditional by adding an entire kundan jewellery set to it. Add matching maang tikka, necklace and earrings to the saree. Pick matching bangles over gold. To further amp up the look, add a bun gajra hairstyle.
6. Black Blouse: While everyone match their Kerala sarees with red, golden and white blouse, you go a bit out of the box and match a black blouse with your white and golden saree. Add a wrist watch and a layered gajra to accessorise well.
7. The Puffed Gajra: Try wearing your saree in a lehenga style. Match it with a red blouse and to finish the look add a puffed bun embellished with gajra. If you want, you can also add a clutch and a red bindi to this.
8. Go Gold Head-to-toe: If you love gold, then this look is so for you. Drop all colours and only think gold. Wear a golden blouse with your saree and add classic gold jewellery set to this ensemble.
9. Go Simple: If you want to keep this Onam style simple and yet elegant. Go Asin way. Wear your saree with a white blouse. Add a gold necklace and gold bangles. A simple gajra bun.
10. Mix & Match: You can also try going simple with mix and match. Go colourful instead of plain white. Add a green blouse and green bangles. Wear your hair center-parted and half-pinned. This look is simplest of all.