- 6 hrs ago Rihanna’s Latest Magazine Cover Is A Literal Tribute To The Nude Make-up Gods
- 7 hrs ago COVID-19: How Does Quarantine Affect Your Mental Health?
- 8 hrs ago 10 Best Kitchen-Friendly Herbs To Boost Immunity During COVID-19
- 8 hrs ago Nargis Fakris Creates A Make-up Look Inspired By Her Wig During Quarantine And We’re Impressed!
- Movies Ajay Devgn At 51: Five Reasons Why 'Pyaar Toh Hona Hi Tha' With This Birthday Boy!
- News COVID-19: India reports 437 cases in 24 hours, 1,834 people infected
- Sports Coronavirus: US Open organisers push ahead with slam plans after Wimbledon blow
- Technology BSNL Launches Three Plans For Prepaid Customers; Offering Content From Eros Now
- Automobiles Car Sales Report For March 2020: Hyundai India registers A 41% Decline In Sales
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In April
- Finance RBI's Moratorium On Credit Card Dues: Should You Avail It?
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
Shaadi season is coming and if you're the bride-to-be, we know what you are going through. The dresses, lehengas, bridal jewellery and many more things that you have to take care of.
When brides are deciding their bridal lehengas and jewellery, they forget one important thing how to wear the lehenga dupatta.
You might be wearing a South Indian saree or a lehenga or an anarkali on your wedding day, but have you decided how to wear it?
We miss out on the most essential part of our outfit, the dupatta. If you want to be any regular bride, then go ahead and try the old traditional method of pallu. But if you want to try something new, why not take hints from Bollywood brides.
We look up to Bollywood for most things and one of the important things is fashion. There is no surprise that Bollywood brides can sure give you ample of ideas for your bridal lehengas. But if you have selected one already, try their pallu style.
In this piece, we have selected top 11 pallu styles worn by Bollywood brides. Take a look and copy your favourite one on your wedding.
The Muslim Style
Instead of the traditional red lehenga, Dia Mirza wore this white and green lehenga on her wedding day. Her makeup, jewellery and even pallu are authentically Muslim styled.
The South Indian Style
Esha Deol got married in a typical South Indian style wedding. She wore a traditional South Indian pallu. Broad pleats neatly pinned to the shoulder and enhanced with a waist belt.
Open Pallu Style
Karishma Kapoor wore an elegant pink lehenga and chose to wear her dupatta open. She did not go for any pleats and pinups. She tucked the pallu on her head and let it free on both sides. She tucked the left side roughly around her left hand.
One Side Pallu
Just like her sister Karishma, Kareena also went for a simple pallu style. She even picked the same colour as her sister's lehenga. She wore this lehenga on her Delhi wedding reception. Instead of pinning it on head, she pinned it one side of the shoulder and left it free.
The Lehenga Style Pallu
Meera Rajput went for the typical lehenga pallu style. The neat pleats and pallu pinned on the head. One side of the pallu is left free.
The Dual Tone Pallu
It's like a typical lehenga pallu style. But the variation to this is added by a different colour dupatta. Wear your pallu in a typical lehenga style and then add a contrasting pallu by pinning it on the head. Let the sides of this added pallu free.
The Free Style Pallu
Gul Panag wore a sharara on her wedding day. She wore her pallu in a casual way. She pinned it on her head and let the sides of her pallu wrap around her hands.
The Front Fall Style Pallu
Vivek Oberoi's wife wore quite the pallu on their wedding. She draped her dupatta in Gujarati style but instead of leaving the dupatta open, she pinned it on the front.
The Belted Pallu
Try Shilpa's style of wearing your bridal pallu. If you're going for the South Indian look, go for a simple extended pallu and amp it up by tieing a belt around it.
The Maharani Style Pallu
Asin wore this Sabyasachi lehenga on her wedding. She wore her dupatta in saree style and added another accent to her look by wearing the similar shade dupatta on her head.
Kalki's Garba Style Dupatta
Kalki wore this lehenga on her wedding and nailed the look of it by wearing the garba style pallu.