The Padmavati trailer is breaking all records in popularity and we too have something to say about it.
After Jodha Akbar, India is going to witness the perfect reflection of Rajput styles during their reigning period. From the traditional Rajasthani prints to the royal Rajputani jewellery, everything found place in the trailer of Padmavati.
Not just the Rajputs, the trailer also showed the styles and designs adorned by the Khiljis.
Director Sanjay Leela Bhansali has showcased the traditional Rajputani culture through the attires and jewellery that were used during that era.
The monarchial ensembles of the Rajputs shown in the movie took us back to the 16th century.
The traditional Rajputani gota patti work has been showed in the costumes of both Shahid Kapoor and Deepika Padukone in the trailer of Padmavati.
The golden embossment of different patterns like floral designs or peacocks is the traditional stamp of gota patti work. For monarchs, the golden embossment was done with pure gold.
Tanishq collaborated with Padmavati's production house to showcase some wonderful Rajputana jewellery collection. Though it is Deepika who mostly carried the traditional ornaments, Shahid too carried ornaments in the form of his crown's decoratives and other accessories.
Borla is the spherical end of a mang tika, worn by Rajputani women. It was primarily seen in Jodha Akbar as Aishwarya Rai Bachchan had adorned the type of accessory.
Now, it looks even vibrant when Deepika carried the borla designs in style and with royal attitude. From kundan work to stone embossment, in the trailer we saw different kinds of borlas worn by DeePee.
Aad is the oval or rectangular shape of a Rajasthani form of choker. There are different kinds of aad and Deepika, in the movie's trailer showed some real classy designs. Deepika carried them getting into the character of a real Rajputani queen and looked classier than ever.
Jhumar is the bigger form of jhumka and it looks even gorgeous than the latter. Deepika, essaying the role of a Rajputani queen has ensembled some amazing sets of jhumars and she carried them pretty well in the trailer.
In every look of Deepika from the trailer, she has adorned different designs of Rajputani naths. From a tiny circular one to the gorgeous patterns, she rocked it all. It is a must wear for every Rajput lady and Deepika totally potrayed a Rajputani queen flawlessly.
Surliya, Kaanbali or Jhaale
The dangling earrings when remodulated in the Rajputani form are termed as surliya, kaanbali or jhaale. Three of the names are different forms of the Rajputani dangling earrings. Deepika wore a few designs of these and looked graceful like never.
Sheeshphool or Rakhdi
The Rajputani traditional sheeshphool or rakhdi is the two-sided chain attached with the mangtika or borla. In the trailer, Deepika wore some real gorgeous and stunning sheeshphools. They are also made of gold and also have kundan work embossed on them.
The haathphools are the traditional form of rings with elongated chains. In Rajputani style, the rings are bigger in size and the chains are again joined with a round or different patterned structure placed on the back of a palm. This is typically Rajasthani and Deepika wore different styles of haathphools in a very classy way.
The bindi is not typical but the Rajputani women wear their bindi in a very typical way. Just like Deeepika who was seen in the trailer wearing her red bindi in every look, in the centre of the forehead. This is too graceful!
Ranveer Singh not just awed the audience by his stances in the trailer, but his looks also floored everyone. The royal Turkish designs on the mukut which were captured in one of Ranveer's frames in the trailer as Khilji, potrayed the cultural diversity the movie is set to deal with, not just in filming, but also in fashion.
The Fur Jacket
Although there is no Indian historical link, this fur jacket made fans go gaga over Ranveer in the trailer. In the English TV series Game Of Thrones, a character called John Snow wears such jackets and many say that the style of Khilji has been inspired by the popular TV series.
- Karisma Kapoor's Royal Blue Anarkali Made Us Think Of Deepika Padukone's Similar Attire
- Aaradhya Bachchan's Latest Tulle Dress Strongly Resembles Deepika Padukone's Gown
- Deepika Padukone Oozes Elegance In This Pristine White Outfit As She Graces The FICCI FLO Event
- Thinking About Some Weekend Party-Wear Goals? Let Our Top 10 B-Town Divas Inspire You
- Deepika Padukone Breaks The Gender Stereotypes In Fashion With Her Latest Airport Look
- Deepika Padukone And Shraddha Kapoor's Airport Outfits Makes Us Want To Choose Comfort Over Glam
- Anushka Sharma's Latest Airport Look Is What Deepika Padukone Has Aced Before
- Beyoncé V/s Rihanna: Whose Floral Headgear We Loved More?
- OMG! Deepika Padukone Wore The Same Sabyasachi Sari That Anushka Sharma Wore For Her Engagement
- Awesome! Lovebirds Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Synced Up Their Airport Style
- Salman Khan And Katrina Kaif Aced The Arabic Look And Ignited The Ramp At Manish Malhotra's Show
- Deepika Padukone Or Katrina Kaif: Whose Airport Look Was More Slay Worthy?