- 57 min ago Amid Fire Breakout In AIIMS, Doctors Helped A Woman Deliver A Baby Girl
- 1 hr ago World Photography Day 2019: Best Travel Photographers on Instagram To Follow
- 1 day ago How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- 1 day ago Intensive Blood Pressure Management At 50 Likely To Preserve Brain Health
- Sports MS Dhoni returns after completing his stint with Indian Army, reunites with daughter Ziva
- Technology BSNL Revises Its Rs. 1,098 Plan; Now Offers Only 375GB Data
- Movies Nayanthara To Cut Down Her Remuneration After Series Of Flops?
- Finance How Is Income From Sale Of Inherited Gold Taxed In India?
- News Watch horrific video of a car ploughing into pedestrians in Bengaluru's HSR layout
- Automobiles Tata Nexon, Hexa, Tiago, Tigor, available with 3 Years/ 40,000Kms Free Monsoon Maintenance Offer
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Chana is a very popular legume in the Indian cuisine. Also known as chickpeas, chana is prepared quite often in North Indian houses. You might have heard about chana bhatura, where the spicy side dish of chana is served with fried big bhaturas.
The protein rich chana can be also consumed as a salad. Most of the dieters keep the dinner extremely light by opting for a salad. So, if you want to try a new variety of salad, then try using chana or chickpeas as the main ingredient. Like the chicken or green vegetable salad, chana salad is delicious, low in fat, filling and healthy as well. This salad recipe is prepared using boiled chana mixed with chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies and boiled potatoes. The salad tastes tangy due to the lemon juice and some authentic spices are added to make the salad a delicious treat. Check out the recipe.
Chana Salad: Weight Loss Recipe
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
- Chana- 1 cup (boiled)
- Onion- ½ (chopped)
- Green chilli- 1 (chopped)
- Capsicum- 1tbsp (chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Tamarind pulp- ½ tsp
- Lemon juice- 1tsp
- Chaat masala- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- In a bowl, add the boiled chana and mix with lemon juice.
- Add onions, capsicum, tomato and mix well.
- Sprinkle salt as per taste. The lesser the salt, the better. Tamarind and lemon juice can add to the saltiness.
- Add chaat masala, tamarind pulp and mix.
The chana salad is ready to eat. Serve this weight loss salad fresh. If you want, you can team it with one roti or bread.