- 5 hrs ago Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- 6 hrs ago Try This Easy-To-Make Raj Kachori Recipe
- 6 hrs ago Gauahar Khan And Zaid Darbar Flaunt Ethnic Outfits As Gauahar Announces Her Wedding Date
- 7 hrs ago Peppermint Tea: Health Benefits And How To Make
- News Vaccine 1st puts spotlight on German pharma company BioNTech
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan's COP Film: The Location Hunt Is Progressing!
- Education Career Point Star Scholarship 2020: Check Registration And Exam Pattern
- Sports India vs Australia: Switch-hit is within laws, part of game's evolution: Maxwell
- Finance Nearly 40 Small And Midcap Stock Ideas To Create Wealth In The Long Term
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Automobiles Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
Dhaba dishes are very popular in Indian houses. Foodies love to visit dhaba and grab some delicious and spicy Indian dishes. From snacks, rotis, parathas, curries, sabzis to lassi, we all love to have dhaba food. The use of spices in preparing dhaba recipes make them a major hit in the Indian food market. Many restaurants and expensive hotels fail to bring the same flavour, colour and taste of dhaba food.
If you love dhaba food, then you can try few recipes at home. Daal tadka is a popular vegetarian dhaba recipe that can be prepared easily at home. Use of pulses and Indian spices make it a spicy and delicious side dish. Lets take a look at the recipe to make daal tadka, dhaba style recipe.
Daal tadka, dhaba style recipe:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Toor daal- 1 cup
- Onion- 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger- 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Garlic pods- 7-8 (minced)
- Tomato- 1 (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Dry red chillies- 2
- Hing- a pinch
- Panch phoron- 1tsp (consists of fenugreek seed, nigella seed, cumin seed, black mustard seed and fennel seed in equal parts)
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Vegetable oil- 1tbsp
- Ghee- 1tsp
- Lemon juice- 1tsp
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (finely chopped)
- Water- 1 cup
- Salt- as per taste
- Wash the daal in water until clean. Soak for 15 minutes. Pour the daal with water in a cooker and then add turmeric powder and salt. Pour 1tsp oil and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles. Let the pressure release.
- Heat ghee in a deep bottomed pan and let it melt. When the ghee heats up, sprinkle hing, dry red chillies, cumin seeds and panch phoron. When they start to crackle, add ginger, garlic and onions.
- Cook on medium flame till the onion becomes golden brown. Sprinkle little salt and then add tomatoes.
- Open the pressure cooker lid and take the daal out of it. Whisk it so that the daal dissolves in water.
- Meanwhile, when the tomatoes cook, add red chilli powder in the pan and then immediately pour the daal. Bring it to boil. If you want to add water, pour little. Stir and boil until it thickens.
- Pour lemon juice and stir. Put the pan off flame.
Garnish the daal tadka with chopped coriander leaves. Serve it hot with steamed rice or rotis. You can also add raw onions as a salad to enjoy your desi meal.