- News Oxford Covid vaccine produces immune response among young, old: AstraZeneca
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs KXIP, Match 46, 1st innings: Kings XI Punjab restrict Kolkata Knight Riders to 149/9
- Movies Parzaan Dastur, Silent Kid From Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Is All Set To Get Married!
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens
- Automobiles New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- Technology Amazon.in Great Indian Festival Sale 2020: ‘Happiness Upgrade Days’ Offers On All Products
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
The fasting season is here. Vasant Navratri or the Navratri during the spring season has already started. During this period most people in North India observe a nine day fast. However they can consume some special dishes during the fast to keep themselves energized.
Some special kind of flours such as the kuttu flour, rajgira flour etc. can be eaten during the fast. So, today we have a special rajgira thalipeeth recipe for you to try. A thalipeeth is a kind of chapati eaten in Maharashtra. This thalipeeth recipe is prepared using the rajgira flour and mashed potatoes. It is an easy recipe and gets ready in minutes.
So, check out the rajgira thalipeeth recipe for Navratri fasting and give it a try.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Rajgira flour- 3 cups
- Boiled potatoes- 4 (mashed)
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds- 1tbsp
- Fennel seeds- ½ tbsp
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (finely chopped)
- Rock salt- as per taste
- Ghee- 2tbsp
1. Grind the coriander leaves, cumin seeds, green chillies and fennel seeds into a smooth paste.
2. Take the rajgira flour in a mixing bowl and add the mashed potatoes, the prepared paste, rock salt to it. Knead it into a tight dough.
3. Add little water while kneading the dough if required.
4. Make medium sized balls out of the dough.
5. Roll out the balls into thick chapatis. Dust the chapatis with the rajgira flour while rolling out the chapatis as they tend to become sticky.
6. Heat the tawa and place the chapati on it.
7. Fry the chapati on all sides with ghee.
8. As the chapati turns golden brown, transfer it to a plate.
9. Repeat the same process to make more chapatis.
Rajgira thalipeeth for Navratri fasting is ready to be served. You may serve this dish with green chutney or aloo sabzi.