- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 11 December 2019
- 12 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 12 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 14 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- News Kerala State Lottery Today Result: Akshaya AK-423 official result
- Finance PAN-Aadhaar Linking Deadline Nears: Here's What To Do
- Movies Happy Birthday Dilip Kumar: How Amitabh Bachchan & Shah Rukh Khan Have Hero-worshipped The Thespian
- Sports Napoli sack Ancelotti despite progressing in Champions League
- Technology Amazon Headsets Fest Offers You Can Get On Headphones, Earphones, Truly Wireless Earbuds And More
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Whenever you hear the word 'Biryani' you feel celebratory. When the rice mixes with the spicy meat and the aroma of different spices soothes your senses, you feel like grabing a bite of it that instant.
Whether it is Christmas, Diwali or Eid, biryani is just perfect for any occasion. But, if you are a vegan and think you can't enjoy the dish at all, dump the idea now, as listed here is a step-by-step procedure on how to prepare vegetable biryani at home.
These simple steps to prepare vegetable biryani could help you prepare the vegetable biryani dish with ease to welcome the New week of the New Year. Take a look.
Also Read: 15 Biryani Recipes To Try Before You Die!
Serves - 6
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 25 minutes
To Make the Rice:
1. Bay Leaf - 1
2. Clove - 1
3. Cinnamon Stick - 1
4. Cardamom - 1
5. Rice - 2 cups (soaked and drained)
6. Salt as per taste
Also Read: Egg Dum Biryani Recipe
For the Vegetable Gravy:
7. Boiled Mixed Vegetables - 2 cups (carrots, beans, potatoes, cauliflower, peas, etc.)
8. Oil - 2 tbsp
9. Cottage Cheese - ¼th cup (cut into small pieces)
10. Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp
11. Onions - ¾th cup (finely chopped)
12. Turmeric Powder - ¼th tsp
13. Ginger-Garlic-Green Chilli Paste - 2 tsp
14. Garam Masala Powder - ½ tsp
15. Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
16. Milk - ¼th cup
17. Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
18. Tomatoes - 1 cup (chopped)
19. Salt to taste
20. A pinch of sugar
21. Curd - ¼th cup
22. Coriander Leaves - ¼th cup
23. Edible Saffron Colour - a few drops
24. Ghee - 2 tbsp
25. Cream - 1 tsp
Also Read: Tasty Chickpeas Biryani Recipe
1. Soak rice for half an hour and drain it. Now, take a big vessel and pour water to boil. Add cinnamon, clove, cardamom and bay leaf into the water for flavour.
2. Now, add the soaked rice into it and cook it for 10 minutes. Don't overcook the rice; otherwise, it will turn sticky. Drain the water and keep it aside.
3. Now, it is time to make the vegetable gravy. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds into it. When the cumin seeds start to splutter, add onions into it. Cook onions until they turn golden brown in colour. Now, add the ginger-garlic-chilli paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and tomatoes.
4. Let the tomatoes cook well in the spices. To cook it well, you can add 2 tbsp of water and cook the tomatoes well. Now, add all the boiled vegetables, paneer and salt as per taste. Stir well. Then, add milk into the vegetables and mix well. Add a pinch of sugar and cream to make it little thicker and creamier.
5. When the gravy gets thicker, your vegetables are ready. Keep it aside. This is the time to mix the vegetables with the rice. Before that, you need to make a mixture for rice.
6. Take curd and add chopped coriander leaves and saffron colour. Now, mix all the ingredients well and add it to the rice. Mix well, so that you get half-white and half-saffron rice.
7. Then, take a handi and layer it with the prepared rice. On the top, add the vegetable gravy you have prepared. Level it flat and add the rest of the rice from above. Add ghee or milk on top.
8. Cover the handi. Place a tawa on the oven and put the handi on it, so that the biryani won't get burnt. Cook your vegetable biryani for half an hour at least and then serve it hot with some raitha.
So, try it and do share your feedback with us.