- 4 hrs ago Global Citizen Festival 2021: Billie Eilish, Coldplay, Jennifer Lopez, Ed Sheeran, Elton John To Perform
- 7 hrs ago Attending A Wedding Soon? Vidya Balan And Genelia Deshmukh Have Red Saree Goals For You!
- 8 hrs ago Importance Of Breakfast For Teenagers, What Parents Should Know And Easy Recipes
- 10 hrs ago Your Stylish Semi-Formal Fashion Goals Ft. Sonam Kapoor Ahuja And Sonakshi Sinha
- Sports IPL 2021: RCB vs CSK: Full List of Award Winners, Man of the Match, Post-match Presentation Highlights
- News How Joe Biden made Modi laugh with a joke about his Indian relatives
- Education Schools In Maharashtra To Reopen From October 4, School Education Minister Varsha Gaikwad Announces
- Movies KBC 13: Suniel Shetty And Jackie Shroff Grace The Hot Seat, Share Some Fun Moments With Amitabh Bachchan
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 India Launch Timeline Tipped; Expected Price, Features
- Finance Survey Finds Over Two-Thirds of Customers Willing To Switch To Digital Only Bank
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 1
- Automobiles Ford To Announce Settlement Packages For Its Employees; Plan To Shut Chennai Plant By 2022
The Malabari Parantha or Kerala Parotta is a flakey bread with layers. It is made with refined flour and oil as its main ingredients. Though the recipe originated in the state of Kerala, it is loved and relished all over India. Malabari Parantha is probably one of the favourite breads ordered at a restaurant that specializes in South Indian food.
Now, you do not need to go to a restaurant to have some Malabari Paratha. The recipe is simple and easy. The recipe calls for only four ingredients that are easily available in any pantry. It will take a little practice and some patience to make the perfect Kerala Parotta, but you can be sure that the end result will be all worth it.
Without any more ado, let's learn how to prepare the delicious Malabari Paratha.
Also Read: Here's how you can prepare cheese paratha recipe
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Preparation time- 20 minutes
Refined flour/ Maida - I cup
Oil - 3-4 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Water -1 cup
Also Read: Amazing paratha recipes for breakfast
Take a large mixing bowl and add the refined flour, salt and one tablespoon oil in it.Add water little by little to create a loose dough.
Now, transfer the dough on to your kitchen top and keep kneading the dough until all the moisture is absorbed. The dough gets really stretchy and rubbery by now. Rest the dough for 10 to 15 minutes.
Divide the dough into equal portions.Now, take one of the balls and place it on the oiled kitchen counter-top. Flatten it into a thin disk with your fingers and a bread roller.
Now, fold the flattened dough to resemble that of a hand fan. Then roll it into a disc.Set the disc aside and repeat the process for the rest of the dough portions.
Now, take one of the discs and roll it into a thick chapati. Do not use much force or you may risk losing the layers in the Malabari Paratha.
Take the thick paratha and put it on a hot tawa.Roast both the sides until golden brown in colour.Add a little oil and roast it until it turns crispy.
Remove the Paratha on to the kitchen counter-top. Now, use a kitchen towel to fluff the Malabari Paratha to reveal all the lovely layers.
Serve the Malabari Paratha with korma or gravy of your choice.