- 22 min ago How To Start Intermittent Fasting: A Beginner's Guide
- 24 min ago Deepika Padukone Flaunts Vintage Outfit But It Has A Whiff Of Traditional Touch
- 46 min ago Kajal Aggarwal Wore A Green Suit For Maha Shivratri Celebrations And It Had All Our Attention
- 1 hr ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas Spotted In Casuals At The Airport And Will Be Seen Walking The Ramp Today
- News 'Your seat is not a sleeper berth': Aviation ministry tells flyers after viral video
- Movies Karisma Kapoor’s Web Series Debut Mentalhood Is All Set To Release In March
- Technology Sony Xperia L4 Announced With Triple Rear Cameras: Price And Specs
- Finance Pensioners Can Submit Life Certificate At Any Time During The Year Online
- Automobiles Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe Facelift Models Launching In India On 3 March: Details And Expected Prices
- Sports ICC WWT20: Win against formidable Australia will give India huge confidence going ahead, says Mithali Raj
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
The Malabari Parantha or Kerala Parotta is a flakey bread with layers. It is made with refined flour and oil as its main ingredients. Though the recipe originated in the state of Kerala, it is loved and relished all over India. Malabari Parantha is probably one of the favourite breads ordered at a restaurant that specializes in South Indian food.
Now, you do not need to go to a restaurant to have some Malabari Paratha. The recipe is simple and easy. The recipe calls for only four ingredients that are easily available in any pantry. It will take a little practice and some patience to make the perfect Kerala Parotta, but you can be sure that the end result will be all worth it.
Without any more ado, let's learn how to prepare the delicious Malabari Paratha.
Also Read: Here's how you can prepare cheese paratha recipe
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Preparation time- 20 minutes
Refined flour/ Maida - I cup
Oil - 3-4 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Water -1 cup
Also Read: Amazing paratha recipes for breakfast
Take a large mixing bowl and add the refined flour, salt and one tablespoon oil in it.Add water little by little to create a loose dough.
Now, transfer the dough on to your kitchen top and keep kneading the dough until all the moisture is absorbed. The dough gets really stretchy and rubbery by now. Rest the dough for 10 to 15 minutes.
Divide the dough into equal portions.Now, take one of the balls and place it on the oiled kitchen counter-top. Flatten it into a thin disk with your fingers and a bread roller.
Now, fold the flattened dough to resemble that of a hand fan. Then roll it into a disc.Set the disc aside and repeat the process for the rest of the dough portions.
Now, take one of the discs and roll it into a thick chapati. Do not use much force or you may risk losing the layers in the Malabari Paratha.
Take the thick paratha and put it on a hot tawa.Roast both the sides until golden brown in colour.Add a little oil and roast it until it turns crispy.
Remove the Paratha on to the kitchen counter-top. Now, use a kitchen towel to fluff the Malabari Paratha to reveal all the lovely layers.
Serve the Malabari Paratha with korma or gravy of your choice.