Navratri means new dresses, lights, crackers, fun and more fun. If 'Dandiya' is speciality of East of India, 'Dhunuchi Naach' of Bengal is a real bliss to the eyes.
And when it comes to such a big festival, you can't ignore special cuisines. From Bengali's 'Kosha Mangsho' on 'Navami' to 'Jalebi with Rabdi' of Uttar Pradesh can make you go crazy on the festive days.
In many household, men and women keep fast on Navratri. You will need some recipes for fasting which are healthy and immensely tasty. Arbi masala is one such popular dish of North India which is prepared during Navratri for those who are fasting.
Like sabudana ki khichdi or thalipeeth, it is another light dish which keeps your energy on while you fast and enjoy Navratri.
Arbi masala curry is such a dish to keep you active throughout the day while fasting. Do you know how to make it? Well, follow this easy recipe below.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
1. Arbi (Taro root) - 10-12
2. Ajwain - ½ tsp
3. Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
4. Red chilli powder - ½ tsp
5. Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
6. Oil - 2 tbsp
7. Water - 2 cups
8. Salt as per taste
9. Few strands of mint and coriander
For The Masala Paste
10. Tomatoes - 3
11. Green Chilli - 1
12. Ginger - ½ inch
13. Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Also Read: Best Fasting Recipes For Navratri
1. First, clean the arbis well and put into a pressure cooker. Wait for 2 whistles.
2. Now, drain the water. Peel off the arbis and cut them in 2-4 pieces. Keep it aside.
3. Then, take all ingredients for paste and put those in a mixer. Mix everything well to get the perfect masala paste.
4. Now, heat a pan. Add oil into it and sauté ajwain.
5. Add the masala paste you have prepared. Stir the mixture, so that it doesn't burn from the bottom.
6. Add rest of the ingredients. Stir well.
7. When you see the masala leaving oil, add water, salt and boiled arbis.
8. Keep the flame over low-medium and let the vegetable be cooked well.
9. When the gravy starts to thicken, add chopped coriander and mint (pudina) leaves.
Your arbi masala curry is ready to serve. You can enjoy it more with kuttu ki roti. Try it and let us know your feedback.