- News Flying Sikh Milkha Singh dies of COVID-19 related complications
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Super Dancer 4 & Imlie Swap Places; Star Plus Retains Top Spot
- Sports Milkha Singh passes away: Nation mourns the death of sprint legend
- Technology Fathers Day Gift Ideas Best Premium Smartphones To Gift Your Father
- Finance 2 Upcoming IPOs In June, July
- Automobiles Ampere EV Scooters Prices Drop By Rs 9,000 After FAME 2 Subsidy — Model-Wise Price List
- Education REET 2021 Exam To Be Held On September 26: Education Minister
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
The emotion of 'sweetness' in our hearts are always tied to our mothers. And the desserts that come out of your mum's kitchen are always unforgettable. That is why on Mother's Day 2014, you must sweeten your relationship with your mum by trying out a dessert. There might be many Mother's Day recipes for desserts. But on this special occasion of Mother's Day 2014, all I can think of is condensed milk custard.
I had a busy working mother who could not spare too much time in the kitchen. So she made up for the time in terms of taste and skill. No one can make custard like my mother and her secret was that she used condensed milk. The condensed milk custard recipe is very quick and easy. Needless to say, you are cheating on the original custard recipe. But if you are a smart cook who likes to keep things simple, try out this Mother's Day dessert recipe on the sly.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Milk- 4 cups
- Condensed milk- 1/2 can
- Vanilla essence- few drops
- Eggs- 2
- Cinnamon powder- 1/2 tsp
- Custard powder- 1tsp
- Grated chocolate- 1/2 cup
- Take the milk in a deep bottomed pan and allow it to boil. When the milk boils for about 10 minutes, pour the condensed milk into it.
- This step thickens the milk quickly. Stir the milk and allow it to thicken for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add custard powder and vanilla essence to the eggs and beat them well.
- Add the beaten eggs to the boiling milk. Stir in the contents for 2-3 minutes and cook on low flame for 2-3 more minutes.
- Season with cinnamon powder and allow the custard to cool.
As this is a Mother's Day 2014 special dish, I will encourage you to add a cup of full grated chocolate to the custard; this used to be my mum's favourite garnishing and mine too.