- 36 min ago Blurred Lips Trend Is On The Rise! Here’s How To Get It In 5 Easy Steps
- 3 hrs ago Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- 6 hrs ago Erica Fernandes Is The Epitome Of Beauty In Her Pretty Anarkali And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- 11 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 26 September 2020
- Automobiles Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- Movies Payal Rajput’s Funny Video Of Undergoing COVID Test Goes Viral; Netizens Say ‘50 Kaat Overacting Ka’
- Technology OnePlus 8, OnePlus 7T Series Now Available With Discount Of Rs. 3,000
- News BJP’s big rejig: Tejasvi Surya is Yuva Morcha chief
- Finance 3 IPOs And 2 Listings Ahead
- Sports ISL Transfer Watch: Sandesh Jhingan joins ATK Mohun Bagan
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
The emotion of 'sweetness' in our hearts are always tied to our mothers. And the desserts that come out of your mum's kitchen are always unforgettable. That is why on Mother's Day 2014, you must sweeten your relationship with your mum by trying out a dessert. There might be many Mother's Day recipes for desserts. But on this special occasion of Mother's Day 2014, all I can think of is condensed milk custard.
I had a busy working mother who could not spare too much time in the kitchen. So she made up for the time in terms of taste and skill. No one can make custard like my mother and her secret was that she used condensed milk. The condensed milk custard recipe is very quick and easy. Needless to say, you are cheating on the original custard recipe. But if you are a smart cook who likes to keep things simple, try out this Mother's Day dessert recipe on the sly.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Milk- 4 cups
- Condensed milk- 1/2 can
- Vanilla essence- few drops
- Eggs- 2
- Cinnamon powder- 1/2 tsp
- Custard powder- 1tsp
- Grated chocolate- 1/2 cup
- Take the milk in a deep bottomed pan and allow it to boil. When the milk boils for about 10 minutes, pour the condensed milk into it.
- This step thickens the milk quickly. Stir the milk and allow it to thicken for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add custard powder and vanilla essence to the eggs and beat them well.
- Add the beaten eggs to the boiling milk. Stir in the contents for 2-3 minutes and cook on low flame for 2-3 more minutes.
- Season with cinnamon powder and allow the custard to cool.
As this is a Mother's Day 2014 special dish, I will encourage you to add a cup of full grated chocolate to the custard; this used to be my mum's favourite garnishing and mine too.