- 49 min ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 2 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 2 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 2 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Sports Ranji Trophy: Uthappa hundred takes Kerala to 276/3 as Delhi spinners falter on opening day
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 64 - Will Madhurima And Vishal Give A Second Chance To Their Broken Relationship?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51, A71, S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite Prices Leak
- News Honeypreet meets Sirsa Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim at Rohtak jail
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Though the name is 'Gol' (round), the papdi looks like barfi. The name is very interesting, no? It tastes yummy too. While looking for something different to make this Janmashtami, follow gol papdi recipe for Krishnashtami.
How to prepare gol papdi recipe for Janmashtami? The main ingredient of gol papdi is wheat flour. So, it is healthy and as you can use very little ghee in it, you have no fear of gaining much weight.
To celebrate Janmashtami this year in a healthy way, try gol papdi recipe for Krishnashtami. Janmashtami is the occasion when you offer different types of sweetmeats to the 'Bal Gopal'.
Instead of buying from sweet shops, trying at home can be more interesting. You can also make your family happier by preparing different types of food items and sweets. And engaging all relatives and kids into the work, creates the actual festive mood.
As Janmashtami is celebrated vibrantly throughout the country, every state offers something exclusive to Krishna. If Bengal is famous for 'Malpoa' on Janmashtami, Dhaniya Panjiri is a southern delicacy. Gol papdi is a Gujarati sweet which is very easy to make. How to prepare gol papdi recipe for Janmashtami?
People add their variation to the gol papdi recipe for Krishnashtami and you can do so. But, if you are trying for the first time, this easy recipe can help a lot. How to prepare gol papdi recipe for Janmashtami? Read on to know more:
Serves- 10 Gol Papdis
Preparation Time- 15 minutes
Cooking Time- 30 minutes
1. Whole Wheat Flour- 1 cup
2. Ghee- ¼ cup
3. Poppy Seeds- 1 tsp
4. Jaggery- ¼ cup (crushed)
5. Cardamom Powder- ¼ tsp
6. Desiccated Coconut- 1 tbsp
1. Take a non-stick kadai and heat it.
2. Add ghee to the pan.
3. Now, add wheat flower and cardamom powder into it.
4. Stir continuously until it gets the brown colour. You will get a roasted aroma. Do this over medium flame.
5. When the wheat flour is cooked enough, turn off the flame and add jaggery quickly into it so that it melts well.
6. Also, add coconut powder and mix well.
7. Take a flat tray and grease it with ghee.
8. Spread poppy seeds and chopped almond.
9. Spread the mixture on the tray when it is hot.
10. Let it sit for a few minutes.
11. Now, cut it into diamond shapes and garnish with cashew and almonds.
12. Your gol papdi is ready to be served.
Isn't the gol papdi recipe for Krishnashtami easy? You can also store it for a few days by keeping these in an air tight container.
If you think that the wheat flour mixture is getting drier, you can add 1 tbsp milk while adding jaggery to the mixture. Never add jaggery while the flame is on as this can make the mixture gummy and brittle. In Gujarat, it is also known as Sukhdi. You can use more ghee to make it softer.