- 2 min ago Tabu Mesmerises With Her Performance And Costume In The Trailer Of A Suitable Boy
- 19 min ago 9 Healthy Ways To Strengthen The Relationship With Your In-Laws
- 49 min ago Independence Day 2020: Here Are Some Forgotten Freedom Fighters You Should Know About
- 1 hr ago Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Sports Buttler has got two Test matches to save his career: Darren Gough
- Movies FICCI Frames 2020: Siddharth Roy Kapur On Indian Entertainment Post COVID-19
- Technology Mystery OnePlus Smartphone Pops Up On Geekbench: Is It The OnePlus Nord Lite?
- Automobiles New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- News Rajasthan crisis: 20 MLAs skip CLP meet
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Broken wheat or samba rava is obtained by crushing the whole wheat grains into smaller pieces. Many varieties of dishes are prepared using broken wheat. So, for all you health conscious people out there, we've this this nutritious broken wheat kheer recipe that you can prepare this Navratri.
Instead of preparing kheer with semiya or rice, this Navratri, you can cook the delicious broken wheat or samba rava payasam recipe, which is very healthy and is also one of the best recipes to be had during the Navratri vrat.
So, take a look at how to prepare the samba rava or broken wheat kheer recipe.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 25 minutes
Preparation time - 15 minutes
- Milk - 500 mL
- Samba Rava (Broken Wheat) - 200 g
- Ghee - 2 teaspoons
- Sugar - 1 Cup
- Cashew nuts - 8 to 10
- Raisins - 8 to 10
- Cardamom Powder - 1/4th teaspoon
1. Boil the milk till it reduces to half.
2. In a pan, add ghee, cashew nuts & sauté it till it turns light golden brown in colour. Then, add the raisins & sauté it till it turns fluffy.
3. In the same pan, add samba rava (broken wheat) and keep stirring it in a low flame for about 5 minutes, until it gets a nice aroma.
4. Now, gently add the reduced milk to the cooked samba rava (broken wheat). Keep stirring it continuously, so as to make sure that no lumps are formed.
5. Add cardamom powder, sugar, fried cashew nuts, raisins & cook it for 2 minutes.
6. Serve the Samba Rava (Broken Wheat) Payasam either hot or chilled.