- 4 hrs ago Sonakshi Sinha, Karisma Kapoor, And Other Divas Flaunt Party Outfits At This Party
- 5 hrs ago On Zeenat Aman's Birthday, The Actress Whose Fashion Was Beyond The Conformist Narrative
- 6 hrs ago Copaiba Oil: Health Benefits, Risks And How To Use
- 6 hrs ago Urvashi Rautela's Perfect Glossy Pout And Pretty Half Updo Hairstyle Are Something You Can't Miss
- Sports Bangladesh bans Shahadat Hossain for five years for assault
- Technology 99% of Xiaomi Smartphones Sold In India Are Made In The Country
- News Pak court to announce judgement in treason case against Pervez Musharraf on Nov 28
- Movies Sushmita Sen Birthday Special: 4 Factors That Prove The Former Miss Universe Is A Superwoman!
- Automobiles MotoGP Repsol Honda Team Signs Alex Marquez For 2020 Season: Will Race With Marc Marquez
- Travel Overtourism – Why It Matters, The Destinations Affected And How To Combat It
- Finance Job Creation Growth In India Slowed Down In Last 2 Years: CARE Ratings
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Broken wheat or samba rava is obtained by crushing the whole wheat grains into smaller pieces. Many varieties of dishes are prepared using broken wheat. So, for all you health conscious people out there, we've this this nutritious broken wheat kheer recipe that you can prepare this Navratri.
Instead of preparing kheer with semiya or rice, this Navratri, you can cook the delicious broken wheat or samba rava payasam recipe, which is very healthy and is also one of the best recipes to be had during the Navratri vrat.
So, take a look at how to prepare the samba rava or broken wheat kheer recipe.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 25 minutes
Preparation time - 15 minutes
- Milk - 500 mL
- Samba Rava (Broken Wheat) - 200 g
- Ghee - 2 teaspoons
- Sugar - 1 Cup
- Cashew nuts - 8 to 10
- Raisins - 8 to 10
- Cardamom Powder - 1/4th teaspoon
1. Boil the milk till it reduces to half.
2. In a pan, add ghee, cashew nuts & sauté it till it turns light golden brown in colour. Then, add the raisins & sauté it till it turns fluffy.
3. In the same pan, add samba rava (broken wheat) and keep stirring it in a low flame for about 5 minutes, until it gets a nice aroma.
4. Now, gently add the reduced milk to the cooked samba rava (broken wheat). Keep stirring it continuously, so as to make sure that no lumps are formed.
5. Add cardamom powder, sugar, fried cashew nuts, raisins & cook it for 2 minutes.
6. Serve the Samba Rava (Broken Wheat) Payasam either hot or chilled.