- News 15 people rescued after fire breaks out at Delhi’s Anaj Mandi
- Movies Nayanthara’s Bold Statement On Encounter Of Hyderabad Gangrape Accused
- Technology Head Injuries Have Spiked After Apple Launched Its iPhone: Researchers
- Sports Joshua beats Ruiz Jr on points in Diriyah rematch to regain titles
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Ganesh Chaturthi is only a week away and as we all know how fond our little Ganesha is about the laddoos. Lord Ganesha loves to eat modaks and laddoos and that is why on the day of Ganesh chaturthi, people serve laddoos to Him during the puja.
Laddoos can be made out of various things. Boondi, sattu, besan, malai etc. Are some of the most used ingredients used to make laddoos. Besan laddoos are especially loved by most people as they have a unique taste and flavour.
So, take a look at this easy recipe on how to make besan laddoo in about half an hour and give it a try on this Ganesh Chaturthi.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Besan flour- 1 cup
- Powdered sugar- 1/2 cup
- Ghee- 1/4 cup + 3tbsp (melted)
- Cashews- a handful (crushed)
- Cardamom powder- 1/2 tsp
1. Sieve the besan and keep it aside.
2. Heat one tablespoon of ghee in a pan and fry the crushed cashews for a few seconds and then keep it aside.
3. Then heat 1/4 cup of ghee in a non stick pan and add the sieved besan to it.
4. Keep stirring for 6-7 minutes till the besan gets roasted properly and turns golden brown.
5. Then add the cardamom powder and mix well.
6. Switch off the flame and add the powdered sugar. Mix well until it is completely blended.
7. Then add the fried cashews and another two tablespoon of melted ghee to it. Mix well and transfer the mixture to a bowl.
8. Grease your palms with a little ghee and start kneading the flour into a dough.
9. Then make lemon sized balls out of the dough while it is still hot.
Besan laddoos are ready to be served. You may store these laddoos in an airtight container for 2 months.