TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 'Sab Ghungroo Bandhke Taiyar Ho Gaye': Modi's Barb At Opposition Over PM Candidate
- IPL 2019: RCB vs KXIP — Preview
- Five Avengers Endgame Theories That Will Make You Go Bonkers
- Triumph Speed Twin Launched In India At Rs 9.46 lakh
- Arjun Announces GF Gabriella Demetriades's Pregnancy!
- SEBI Blocks Hotel Leelaventure From Selling Hotels And Properties To Brookfield
- Kajol Amazes In This Sari
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
December is the best time of year for indulging in dessert.
Pies, cakes, caramels and muffins are some of the desserts that come to our mind. Apple pie is a traditional dessert or tea time treat. It is quick and easy to prepare sweet dish which is loved by kids. As Christmas is around the corner, you need to prepare some delicacies for the little ones at home. Nothing can be better that the apple pie treat!
The apple pie is crunchy from outside and soft from inside. The filling of the pie is with the healthy fruit apple. It is advisable to use Bramley or cooking apples for the filling as they soften very easily. The eating apples do not soften the same way. Check out the recipe to prepare the sweet dish, apple pie.
Apple Pie: Sweet Dish Recipe
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1. Pie crusts- 1 box
2. Apples- 6 (thinly sliced and peeled)
3. Sugar- 1 cup
4. All purpose flour- 2tbsp
5. Cinnamon powder- 1tsp
6. Salt- ½ tsp
7. Nutmeg- ½ tsp(grounded)
8. Lemon juice- 1tbsp
1. Heat oven to 425°F.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix apple, sugar and all purpose flour together. Mix well so that there are no lumps of flour.
3. Now add salt, cinnamon powder, nutmeg and lemon juice. Mix well and keep the filling aside.
4. Take the pie crust and spread it on the glass pie plate. Press on the side and bottom.
5. With the help of a spoon, add the filling and spread it on the pie. Remove the filling that is falling from the sides.
6. Now top it with a second pie crust. Press the edges together to seal them and prevent the filling from falling out.
7. Cut several slits of shapes on the top crust and bake for 40-45 minutes. Cover the edge of the top crust with a fill wrap after 20-25 minutes of baking. This will prevent it from excessive browning.
8. You should bake till the apples become tender and the pie looks brown.
9. Take it out once baked and let it cool for at least 2 hours.
Once done, cut the pie into pieces and serve. You can garnish with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to make it taste all the more delicious.