- 2 hrs ago Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- 3 hrs ago Republic Day 2021: Inspiring Slogans And Quotes By Freedom Fighters
- 4 hrs ago Parineeti Chopra Slays Like A Boss In A Black Pantsuit And Makes A Powerful Statement
- 4 hrs ago Benefits Of Mindful Eating And Ways To Make Your Mealtime A Healthy And Rewarding Experience
- News Farmers reject govt’s offer to suspend farm laws for 18 months, demand repeal
- Sports Tokyo Olympics could go ahead without fans, predicts former IOC vice president Dick Pound
- Automobiles Gemopai Opens Four New Dealerships In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana: Here Are All Details
- Technology BSNL Offering Lifetime Validity To Few Customers
- Movies Prabhas’ Uncle Krishnam Raju Responds To Rebel Star’s Wedding Rumours; Here’s What He Has To Say!
- Education Do You Know Why India Celebrates Republic Day?
- Finance 4 Secure Investments To Claim Tax Benefits Under Section 80C
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
The Punjabi cuisine is renowned throughout the world for its lip smacking and exotic taste. Chicken especially is cooked in many different ways in Punjabi cuisine. The various celebrated varieties of chicken recipes like the butter chicken, patiala chicken, kadhai chicken etc. all of them are a part of this exotic cuisine.
Here is a easy chicken recipe for you to try. Chicken curries in Punjab are known for being spicy. This recipe is no exception. Punjabi chicken masala gets its authentic Punjabi taste from the special garam masala which is used in the preparation. Prepare this authentic chicken recipe at home and enjoy the flavour of Punjab.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Chicken- 500 gms (cut into pieces)
- Onions- 4 (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes- 4 (finely chopped)
- Ginger-garlic paste- 2tbsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Black pepper- 5 (crushed)
- Cardamom- 4 pods
- Cinnamon stick- 1
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Mustard oil- 3tbsp
- Water- 1 cup
For Special Punjabi Garam Masala
- Coriander seeds- 2tsp
- Cumin seeds- 2tsp
- Cinnamon stick- 1
- Fenugreek seeds- ½ tsp
- Black peppercorns- 2tbsp
- Bay leaves- 2
- Grind all the ingredients listed for garam masala in a mixer and keep it aside.
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces properly.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cardamom and fry for a minute.
- Add onions and fry for about 5-6 minutes till they turn golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, crushed pepper and cook for another 5minutes.
- Now add the chicken pieces. Mix well and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and the prepared garam masala and mix it well.
- Add water, cover and cook on low flame for about 20 minutes till the chicken is cooked completely.
- Once done, switch off the flame and serve.
The spicy Punjabi chicken masala is ready to be served. Serve it with chapatis or jeera rice.