- 1 hr ago R.1 COVID-19 Variant: Everything You Need To Know
- 2 hrs ago What Is Bipolar Disorder? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Treatments And Prevention
- 16 hrs ago Global Citizen Festival 2021: Billie Eilish, Coldplay, Jennifer Lopez, Ed Sheeran, Elton John To Perform
- 19 hrs ago Attending A Wedding Soon? Vidya Balan And Genelia Deshmukh Have Red Saree Goals For You!
- Sports IPL 2021: CSK vs RCB: Devdutt Padikkal sees scope for improvement
- Technology Oppo K9 Pro Launch Slated For September 26; 120Hz Display Confirmed
- News Indo-US joint statement: A partnership for global good
- Finance Nucleus Software Announces Rs. 159 Crore Buyback At A 15% Premium
- Movies Nushrratt Bharuccha Starrer Janhit Mein Jaari Goes On Floors In Madhya Pradesh
- Education Odisha HSC Exam 2023 Registration Begins
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 1
- Automobiles Ford To Announce Settlement Packages For Its Employees; Plan To Shut Chennai Plant By 2022
The Punjabi cuisine is renowned throughout the world for its lip smacking and exotic taste. Chicken especially is cooked in many different ways in Punjabi cuisine. The various celebrated varieties of chicken recipes like the butter chicken, patiala chicken, kadhai chicken etc. all of them are a part of this exotic cuisine.
Here is a easy chicken recipe for you to try. Chicken curries in Punjab are known for being spicy. This recipe is no exception. Punjabi chicken masala gets its authentic Punjabi taste from the special garam masala which is used in the preparation. Prepare this authentic chicken recipe at home and enjoy the flavour of Punjab.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Chicken- 500 gms (cut into pieces)
- Onions- 4 (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes- 4 (finely chopped)
- Ginger-garlic paste- 2tbsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Black pepper- 5 (crushed)
- Cardamom- 4 pods
- Cinnamon stick- 1
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Mustard oil- 3tbsp
- Water- 1 cup
For Special Punjabi Garam Masala
- Coriander seeds- 2tsp
- Cumin seeds- 2tsp
- Cinnamon stick- 1
- Fenugreek seeds- ½ tsp
- Black peppercorns- 2tbsp
- Bay leaves- 2
- Grind all the ingredients listed for garam masala in a mixer and keep it aside.
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces properly.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cardamom and fry for a minute.
- Add onions and fry for about 5-6 minutes till they turn golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, crushed pepper and cook for another 5minutes.
- Now add the chicken pieces. Mix well and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and the prepared garam masala and mix it well.
- Add water, cover and cook on low flame for about 20 minutes till the chicken is cooked completely.
- Once done, switch off the flame and serve.
The spicy Punjabi chicken masala is ready to be served. Serve it with chapatis or jeera rice.