- 3 hrs ago Sania Mirza Talks About Marriage, Motherhood And Matches In Latest Issue Of Femina
- 3 hrs ago Saina Trailer Launch: Parineeti Chopra Exudes Confidence And Boss Lady Vibes In Her White Pantsuit
- 3 hrs ago Mercury Transit In Aquarius 2021: How It Will Affect Different Zodiac Sign
- 3 hrs ago 7 Types Of Cancer That Affect Women
- News Had Scindia remained in Congress he would have become CM: Rahul Gandhi
- Movies Bombay Begums Web Series Review: Alankrita Shrivastava-Pooja Bhatt's Shows Celebrates A Blend Of Real Women
- Education On Women’s Day, NTPC Announces Special Recruitment Drive For Women
- Sports Vijay Hazare QF: Panchal century takes Gujarat to semi-finals
- Automobiles Skoda Rapid CNG Variant Coming To India: Zac Hollis Confirms 4 Product Launches In Next 12 Months
- Finance SBI vs Canara vs Kotak vs Yes Bank: Check Current Interest Rates On FD Here
- Technology Redmi Note 10 Pro Max First Sale On March 18: Should You Buy?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
The Punjabi cuisine is renowned throughout the world for its lip smacking and exotic taste. Chicken especially is cooked in many different ways in Punjabi cuisine. The various celebrated varieties of chicken recipes like the butter chicken, patiala chicken, kadhai chicken etc. all of them are a part of this exotic cuisine.
Here is a easy chicken recipe for you to try. Chicken curries in Punjab are known for being spicy. This recipe is no exception. Punjabi chicken masala gets its authentic Punjabi taste from the special garam masala which is used in the preparation. Prepare this authentic chicken recipe at home and enjoy the flavour of Punjab.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Chicken- 500 gms (cut into pieces)
- Onions- 4 (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes- 4 (finely chopped)
- Ginger-garlic paste- 2tbsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Black pepper- 5 (crushed)
- Cardamom- 4 pods
- Cinnamon stick- 1
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Mustard oil- 3tbsp
- Water- 1 cup
For Special Punjabi Garam Masala
- Coriander seeds- 2tsp
- Cumin seeds- 2tsp
- Cinnamon stick- 1
- Fenugreek seeds- ½ tsp
- Black peppercorns- 2tbsp
- Bay leaves- 2
- Grind all the ingredients listed for garam masala in a mixer and keep it aside.
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces properly.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cardamom and fry for a minute.
- Add onions and fry for about 5-6 minutes till they turn golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, crushed pepper and cook for another 5minutes.
- Now add the chicken pieces. Mix well and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and the prepared garam masala and mix it well.
- Add water, cover and cook on low flame for about 20 minutes till the chicken is cooked completely.
- Once done, switch off the flame and serve.
The spicy Punjabi chicken masala is ready to be served. Serve it with chapatis or jeera rice.