- 20 min ago Family Horoscope 2021
- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 26 November 2020
- 7 hrs ago COVID-19 Can Spread In A Household, Claims Study
- 7 hrs ago 14 Simple And Effective Health Tips To Prevent Diabetes
- Technology Micromax IN 1b To Go On First Sale Today At 12PM Via Flipkart
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 25 Highlights: Rubina & Abhinav Protest Against Captain Kavita
- Sports Sourav Ganguly condoles death of Diego Maradona, tweets "My hero no more, my mad genius rest in peace"
- News Bharat Bandh on November 26: Trade unions to go on nationwide strike today
- Finance Lakshmi Vilas Bank Shares Suspended From Trading From 26 Nov
- Automobiles Datsun Car Discounts For November 2020: GO+, GO & Redi-GO Receive Benefits Up To Rs 51,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
- Education Nainital Bank Admit Card 2020 Released For PO And Clerk, Check Direct Link To Download
Last night as I was scrolling through Instagram and watching the feed of my favourite bloggers, I noticed how curly and wavy hair has become a routine for us. Earlier while straight hair used to be the most popular hair fetish, the charm of curly tresses has taken the hair industry by a storm. Not only that, but we also keep coming across various hacks and ways to curl our hair. And heatless curls have become the latest obsession.
Heatless curls are curls that we create without using heat styling tools such as flat iron and curling rod. You might have seen multiple ways to do that. But we assure you that this Instagram hack is the best.
Olivia Smalley, a popular hair blogger on the Gram recently shared with her followers a great hack to get overnight heatless curls. A few weeks back Olivia also shared with her followers a hack for overgrown gel nails. The very talented blogger shared this very simple and effective hack that would not take a lot of your time but give you amazing results and that is using a scarf to get heatless curls. Let's see how she does it.
Recommended Read: Enjoy Tangle-Free Curly Hair With These Smart Hacks
View this post on Instagram
Curls and that’s saying a lot! I’ve seen this done with socks 🧦 but saw it done with a scarf🧣 MUCH more comfortable to sleep on. 💤 ⠀ ⠀ NOW, I actually love the way my hair looked with the scarf in, “itsaa look.” ✌🏻Two styles ✌🏻two different days, you can even say day three will be looser curls too. ⠀ ⠀ If you notice, I used @joico Zero Heat leave in to define and defrizz my curls. My hair is sooo soft. ⠀ ⠀ Save for a later date or tag your friends below. Let me know if you think I can pull off just the scarf and twist look?! ⠀ ⠀ Thank you @beautifullovely97 for the hair inspo. ⠀ ⠀ #hairhacks #hairhack #beautyhacks #beautyhack #omgartistry #oliviasmalley #extensionspecialist #blondesavages #socialsavvystylist #blondespecialist #daviehairstylist #FortLauderdalehairstylist #miamihairstylist #socialqueen #fortlauderdaleextensions #fortlauderdaleblogger #hairblogger
A post shared by Olivia Smalley Hair Hacks (@omgartistry) on
How To Get Heatless Curls Using A Scarf
What you need
- A scarf
- 2 bobby pins
- Hair spray
- A couple of hair ties
Steps to follow
Olivia starts by preparing the scarf. To do that, fold the scarf in half to create a triangle. Then the scarf is folden multiple times to make it almost like a headband. Now that you have the scarf ready, let the process begin.
- Comb your hair and middle part it. Dampen your hair a bit and spritz some hair spray on your hair. Place the scarf on top of your head and secure it using some hairpins.
- Start with one side of your hair. Taking your front hair, start wrapping the hair around the scarf.
- Once you have looped in one strand of hair, add another strand to it and wrap it around the scarf.
- Do this until you reach the end of your hair. Secure the ends using the hair tie.
- Repeat the process on the other side of your hair.
- Leave your hair like this overnight.
- In the morning, take off the hair ties, unwrap your hair from the scarf and you have the perfect heatless curls.
The post that Olivia captioned as, "YES. This hair hack is now my official favorite. Even over the water bottle.." has gathered over 19 thousand views in a day and her followers are nothing but in awe of this look.
Olivia also mentioned that she has seen this hack done with socks but she likes the scarf better. It definitely is much more comfortable to sleep on with a scarf.
Another advantage of this hack is that you have a customised hairdo to flaunt. The hair wrapped around your scarf can also be used as a hairstyle. As Olivia mentioned, "NOW, I actually love the way my hair looked with the scarf in, "itsaa look." ✌🏻Two styles ✌🏻two different days, you can even say day three will be looser curls too."
In the video, Olivia also mentioned that she did get some compliments for her wrapped up hairdo. It's a win-win situation. So, what are you waiting for? Try this amazing hack and tell us how it turned out.