- 34 min ago Sherni Promotions: Vidya Balan’s Soft Yet Glam Makeup Look Is Wedding Worthy; Just Follow The Simple Steps!
- 2 hrs ago Your Classic Denim-On-Denim Edit Ft. Sanam Saeed And Mahira Khan
- 3 hrs ago Karishma Tanna Makes Us Feel Fresh And Lively With Her ‘Feel’ Printed Top; Pictures And It’s Price Inside!
- 4 hrs ago Anushka Sharma And Kalki Koechlin Give Us Cool Outfit Goals And Convince Us To Use Black And White Filter More
- Technology Realme GT 5G With SD888 India Launch Timeline Revealed; X7 Max Milky Way Edition Sale On June 24
- Movies Pushpa: Allu Arjun And Team To Resume Shoot From THIS Date!
- News Study claims Pfizer, Moderna COVID-19 vaccines don't lower sperm count
- Sports Haaland keen to stay out of his 'comfort zone' in pursuit of Champions League dream
- Finance Rupee Halts Intra-day Losses, Ends The Day 22 Paise Stronger
- Education Father’s Day 2021: Best Father’s Day Quotes, Essay And Speech Ideas
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
- Automobiles Yamaha FZ-X Launched In India At Rs 1.16 Lakh: Retro Design, Bluetooth Connectivity Available
Skin ageing is a natural process that we can't run from. As we age, our skin begins to lose its elasticity and start showing the signs of ageing. But, seeing the first signs of skin ageing is always hard. For many of us, the first signs of skin ageing are not the fine lines and wrinkles on the neck and forehead, but the crow's feet around our eyes.
Crow's feet or 'laugh lines', simply put, are the wrinkles on the outer corner of your eyes. The skin around your eyes is thin and delicate, so it is no surprise that it is one of the first areas to develop the signs of skin ageing. If you are not at par with your skincare, these lines can be seen as early as your mid-20s.
Crow's feet is an issue that is best tackled at the earliest. And that is what we are here to help your today with. As you start with a skincare regime to delay the premature signs of skin ageing, follow these skin care tips to get rid of crow's feet. Here we go!
1. Be Sun-Protected
Sun is one of the major reasons behind skin ageing. The harsh rays of the sun penetrate deep into the skin, affect the elasticity of the skin and thus lead to the formation of the laugh lines.
To keep crow's feet at bay, always keep your skin sun-protected. Put on a generous layer of sunscreen with a high SPF before stepping out in the sun, wear hats and clothing with long sleeves to protect your skin from the sun.
Recommended Read: The Sunscreen Dilemma: Do People With Dark Skin Need Sunscreen?
2. Relax Your Skin
Do you frown a lot? Well, here's the reason for you to frown less. Activities like frowning, rubbing the eyes, resting your head on your hand and squinting work the muscles around your eyes and lead to crow's feet. It is important for you to pay attention and relax your skin to prevent crow's feet.
3. Shield Your Eyes With Glasses
Your glasses don't just make you look cute but also prevent crow's feet. Most of us spend our time sitting in front of a screen or scrolling through our mobiles. This strains your eyes and causes us to squint a lot. Needless you say, you put yourself at risk of crow's feet. In fact, reading does the same. If you are an avid reader and are in a habit of reading for hours on a stretch, you are putting a strain on your eyes. More so when you read under bad lighting.
There is a simple solution to this issue- glasses. Wear glasses, preferably anti-glares, when you are sitting in front of a screen or reading. This will provide you with a level of protection and help prevent crow's feet.
4. Load Up On Moisturiser
Dry skin causes a lot of skin worries, including premature ageing of the skin. One of the best ways to keep your skin healthy is to to keep it hydrated. With your skin deeply moisturised, you can delay the process of skin ageing.
So, moisturise your skin regularly with a moisturiser that suits your skin type. In addition to that, drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep your skin hydrated.
5. Use An Eye Cream
Your skincare products can also be used as an effective tool against your fight with crow's feet. A moisturising eye cream with nourishing ingredients works a long way to keep the area around your eyes soft and youthful. You can include an eye cream in your skincare routine in your mid-20s. Remember, as you reach your 30s, you must incorporate anti-ageing products in your skincare regime. Apply the eye cream every day around your eyes and use patting motions with your fingertips to blend it in.
Recommended Read: 5 Simple Skincare Rules That Will Ensure The Best Skin In Your 30s
6. Quit Smoking
Smoking is not the best practice if you really want beautiful and youthful-looking skin. Not only does it leaves your skin dry but also is a huge catalyst for premature ageing of the skin. So, if you want to beat crow's feet, quit smoking immediately.
7. Massage The Face Mindfully
Facial massage is great to keep the face toned and youthful. However, done wrong, it can be the reason for your skin woes. While massaging your face, using upward circular motions and don't rub your face vigourously. Also, do not rub your eyes. It can put a strain on the delicate skin around the eyes, leading to crow's feet.
8. Eat Right
One of the best ways to keep your skin in good health and delay the process of skin ageing is to eat healthily. Oily, high-sugar and junk foods damage your skin and accelerate the process of skin ageing. So, eating right is important.
Food rich in vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants must be included in your diet. These help to boost the collagen production in the skin and maintain skin health. Green vegetables, nuts, and fruits are some of the foods that are great for your skin. Include these in your diet to get soft, beautiful and youthful skin.