- 45 min ago Realising Your Ignorance Is The First Step You Take Towards Knowledge
- 1 hr ago February Career Horoscope 2023: 4 Zodiac Signs Who Will Be Lucky In Terms Of Career.
- 2 hrs ago How To Drama Proof In Your Relationship, Crucial Steps To Keep In Mind To Heal It
- 3 hrs ago Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome Diagnosed In Woman Who Couldn't Stop Puking For Two Years: Read All About It Her
- Movies BB16: Tina Datta REACTS To Sumbul Touqeer’s Father’s Controversial Remark; Says ‘It Was Difficult To Ignore’
- Finance Rs 80/Share Dividend: FMCG Stock Sets Record Date, Shares Rally
- News GST collection at Rs 1.55 lakh crore in January, second highest-ever
- Sports Ajinkya Rahane to play for Leicestershire in County Championship
- Travel Best Destination For Elderly Couples In India To Visit On Valentine 2023
- Automobiles Tata Blocked Porsche From Using The Safari Name - Here's Why We Got The 911 Dakar
- Technology Motorola Moto Edge 40 Pro Renders Leak: 6.67-Inch Curved OLED Display, SD8 Gen2 SoC Expected
- Education SMIT Admission 2023: Registration Started; Check Details Here
Research has shown that up to 50 per cent of people have sensitive skin, with more women suffering from sensitive skin than men. Additionally, sensitive skin is more likely to occur in people with inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema, acne, or rosacea .
As a general rule, sensitive skin stings or burns after applying certain skincare products. Sensitive skin may also feel irritated after being out in extreme temperatures, just after exercising, or after sun exposure.
When it comes to sensitive skin, it is essential to manage the condition so as not to make any conditions worse. With the right skincare products, your skin will feel and look better.
Here are some skin-healing, soothing, calming, anti-inflammatory ingredients to try if your skin barrier is compromised, whether it is due to sensitizing active ingredients, fragrance, or skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, or eczema .
Ingredients For People With Sensitive Skin
You should look for skin care products that contain gentle, soothing ingredients. Avoid products that contain astringents or abrasives that may further irritate your skin.
1. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is well known for its skin-soothing properties. It is useful in treating sunburns and other minor skin irritations. You can find it as an ingredient in skincare and hair care products.
As a humectant, it attracts and holds water. It is often used by hair and skin care products to promote moisturization. This ingredient is considered to be very safe and unlikely to irritate the skin.
3. Green tea
Besides slowing the signs of ageing, this antioxidant has skin-soothing properties. Researchers found that it improves the moisture level of the skin and may also reduce inflammation.
4. Hyaluronic acid
Known for its ability to swell and retain moisture in the skin or hair, this polysaccharide (a large carbohydrate molecule) occurs naturally in your skin and hair. It is gentle enough to use on sensitive skin without causing irritation.
In the outer layers of your skin, ceramides participate in creating the protective barrier. If that barrier is damaged, it can lead to irritation. Products that contain ceramides help repair some of the bonds so that the outer layer of your skin is less likely to be irritated.
Several skin and hair care products contain silicone. It is very gentle on the skin but still provides excellent moisturizing effects. It can also be used on hair without causing irritation.
On A Final Note...
A prescription-strength skin care product may be necessary if you are suffering from a skin condition such as psoriasis, eczema, or rosacea. If you are suffering from a severe flare-up of one of these conditions, you may require steroid medication. Be sure to follow the instructions provided by your doctor.
- skin careSalt For Skincare: Different Ways To Use It
- skin careDeepika Padukone Skincare Tips: The Simplest Routine For All The Busy Gurls!
- skin careSkincare Tips: Keeping Your Skin Healthy Between Seasons
- skin care4 Ways To Boost Skin Collagen Production
- prenatalSkincare During Pregnancy: What Products To Avoid?
- skin careWhat Is A Moisture Sandwich; How Can It Help With Dry Skin On Face And Lips?
- skin careRetinoids In Skincare Routine: Things You Need To Know
- skin careMalai aka Fresh Cream For Your Face: 3 Ways To Use It And When Not To Use It
- skin careBipasha Basu's All Organic Skincare Ingredient: 3 Ways To Use It For All Skin Types!
- skin careOlive Oil Skincare Masks You Can Make At Home For Plump, Fresh Skin
- skin careSkincare Tips For Women Over 60
- skin careTara Sutaria’s DIY Skincare: Its A Special Mix By Her Grandma