- 41 min ago Lakme Fashion Week 2020 Opening Show: Kartik Aaryan Turns Muse For Manish Malhotra
- 2 hrs ago What Are Pregnancy Dreams? Types, Causes And Tips To Avoid
- 3 hrs ago Use These Instead Of Lemon Juice: 9 Best Substitutes For Lemon Juice
- 4 hrs ago How To Reduce Water Retention? Try These 16 Effective Ways
- Sports IPL 2020: Twitter reacts to Mohammad Shami's consistent yorker bowling ability
- Finance This Higher Interest Opportunity On Safe Senior Citizen FDs Ends On 31 Dec
- Movies Sanjana Sanghi And Shekhar Kapur Celebrate 100 Years Of Their School: ‘Modernite Forever’
- Education UP Board Compartment Result 2020 Declared For Class 10th And Class 12th
- News Bihar poll 2020: Slippers thrown at RJD's Tejashwi Yadav during election rally in Bihar's Aurangabad
- Technology Realme Narzo 20 Review: Fits The Budget Perfectly
- Travel Best Beaches To Visit In India In November
- Automobiles Mercedes-AMG Cars To Be Made In India Starting With AMG GLC 43 Coupe
Washing the face twice a day, exfoliating twice a week, sun protection on and gulping litres of water- we've pretty much nailed the skincare routine to get clear skin. So, why is it that we are still not getting the skin of our dreams? Well, that's because your skin doesn't solely depend on what products you put on it.
While you might have the best skincare routine and use the best luxury products, your unhealthy and skin-damaging lifestyle habits destroy all the good that you do for your skin. With bad lifestyle habits, your skin does not get to soak in the goodness of the products and treatments that you use. That doesn't seem fair, right? So, let's change that.
Read on to know the lifestyle changes you need to make right now to get clear and beautiful skin. Here we go!
Ditch The Unhealthy Diet
Your diet affects your skin appearance way more than you realise. Oily foods and high-sugar foods trigger excessive oil production in the skin. Excess oil produce attracts more dirt and grime while also blocking your skin pores. This invites skin issues such as acne and breakouts. Food high in caffeine and carbs also damages the skin.
So, monitor your diet and switch to healthy options. Foods rich in antioxidants and vitamins can do a lot for your skin.
Exercising and being active does not only help your stay fit but also improves your skin appearance. When you exercise, your heart rate goes up and your blood circular improves. This helps to boost collagen production which makes your skin clear and youthful. Exercising also helps deliver the oxygen and nutrients to your skin better which makes your skin healthy and glowing.
A simple 30-minute workout or walk, running or yoga can help you get the best skin of your life. So, you better sweat it out!
Clean After Yourself
Bacteria is a big no-no for clear skin. But, we often don't realise that we are only exposing our skin to harmful bacteria through dirty hands and mobile phones. Clean up after yourself and change your bedding regularly. Make sure that your hands, clothes, mobile and pretty much everything that comes in contact with your skin is clean.
Stress is one of the major triggers for breakouts It makes your hormones go haywire and thus gives you acne and breakouts. And what do acne and breakouts do? Yeah, give you more stress. Put an end to this by doing a de-stressing activity 15-20 minutes a day. You can meditate, do yoga or any form of art to de-stress yourself and your skin.
Quit Smoking And Drinking
Smoking and drinking are legit two of the worst things that you can do to your skin. Excessive smoking and consumption of alcohol makes your skin extremely dry and thus invites all kinds of skin issues- acne, dry skin, itchy skin, blemishes etc.
So, if you want clear skin, you need to quit smoking and drinking right now before your skin gets to a point of no return.