- 8 min ago Lip Stain: What is It And How To Use It
- 23 min ago Chemicals In Beauty Products May Harm Women's Reproductive Hormones, Says Study
- 56 min ago On Shabana Azmi's 69th Birthday: Some Prominent Achievements Of The Actress
- 2 hrs ago What You Need To Know About The Ranna Puja (Cooking Festival) In West Bengal
- Movies Akshaye Khanna On Marriage: I’m Not Cut Out For Sharing My Life With A Partner Or Kids
- Automobiles Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- News Never asked for imposing Hindi over other regional languages: Amit Shah
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Sports Osaka battles into quarters as Kerber rediscovers winning habit
- Technology Dead Russian Satellite Debris Might Be Huge Threat To Genesis II Spacecraft
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
It is great to exfoliate your skin on a regular basis as it is more of a necessity for your skin these days, rather than a luxury. When it comes to exfoliation, you naturally mean to nourish and hydrate your skin and intend to get rid of dead skin cells, right? But, what happens when you overdo it? Does it harm your skin in any way or is it okay if you overdo it sometimes?
Exfoliation typically involves moisturising, massaging, and scrubbing your face. But, the trick here is that these things need to be done gently as your skin is quite sensitive, especially the skin on your face.
When you overstep the mark while exfoliating your skin, it can become a bit of a problem. Moreover, if you are totally unaware that you are over-scrubbing your face, it might not end up too well.
Listed below are some easy to understand signs that will tell you if you are going overboard with scrubbing your face.
5 Signs That Clearly Show You Are Over-scrubbing Your Face
1. Your face looks puffy
When you over-exfoliate your skin, it tends to cause inflammation. In that case, using a scrub can help to remove dead skin cells, but when you over-scrub your face, it damages the natural lipid barrier of your skin, making it puffy.
2. The skin on your face appears shiny
Have you ever noticed that you have over-scrubbed your face while doing a facial at home and ended up with a shiny face? Well, it is not a good sign as it means that you face is losing its natural finish. Scrubs often contain retinols and acids that can be harmful for your skin.
3. Acne and pimples start appearing
This is another important reason why you should not go overboard with scrubbing. Excess scrubbing can sometimes lead to acne and pimple breakouts, leading to uneven skin tone. Excess scrubbing robs off natural oils from your skin, making it prone to skin conditions like blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, and acne.
4. Your skin starts peeling off
When you over-scrub your skin, it tends to become sensitive after some time. When this happens, your skin tends to lose its ability to retain water in it, which often results in skin peeling off.
5. Your skin feels itchy
Everytime you use a moisturiser, if your skin starts feeling irritation, you might have sensitive skin. It can also lead to itchy skin. When you over-scrub your skin, chances are that the epidermis of your skin has been disturbed, causing your skin to loose its protective barrier, thus leading to itchy skin.
If you ever notice these symptoms, it is time for you to make some changes in your scrubbing and skin care routine. After all, our skin is extremely important, right?