If you are a fan of natural ingredients when it comes to skin and hair care, then you might have heard a lot about rice bran oil, apart from other essential oils that are commonly used for beauty purposes. Rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and nutrients, rice bran oil is one of the choicest options of many women when it comes to skin and hair care.
Speaking of rice bran oil, the antioxidants present in it help to fight free radicals, thus preventing the signs of ageing and giving you younger-looking skin. It is completely safe and natural to use and does not involve any kind of substances that might harm your skin and hair.
Listed below are some amazing benefits of rice bran oil for skin & hair and the ways to include it in your beauty regime.
Benefits Of Rice Bran Oil For Skin & Hair
While rice bran oil is a premium pick for skin and hair care, one needs to know why it deserves a special place in your beauty regime.
- Rich in vitamin E and fatty acids
- Penetrates easily into your skin and nourishes it from within
- Makes your skin softer than before
- Improves skin's elasticity
- Makes your skin youthful
- Hydrates and moisturises skin
- Slows down the process of ageing
- Improves overall complexion and evens out skin tone
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Unclogs pores
- Protects skin from sun damage
- Reduces oiliness of skin
- Possesses anti-inflammatory properties and helps calm down irritated skin
- Rejuvenates dull and dry hair
- Repairs damaged hair
- Reduces the risk of split ends
- Prevents hair breakage
- Promotes hair growth and reduces hair fall
- Reduces oiliness in your scalp
- Gives you smoother and softer tresses
- Fights dandruff
- Strengthens the roots of your hair and gives you long and healthy tresses
How To Use Rice Bran Oil For Skin
You can either massage your face with this oil every night before going to sleep or add a few drops of rice bran oil to your moisturiser and treat your skin to the goodness of this oil. Listed below is a quick and simple rice bran oil face mask recipe for glowing skin.
- 3 tbsp rice bran oil
- 1 tsp lavender essential oil/ jojoba oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1 tsp rosewater
How to do
- In a bowl, take rice bran oil and an essential oil and mix well to form an oil concoction.
- Now, add honey to the oil concoction and blend well.
- Next, add turmeric and lastly add rose water. Make sure that you keep stirring as you add all the ingredients one by one.
- Apply the mixture on your face using a brush. You can also apply the paste on your face using your fingers but it might get a bit sticky and messy.
- Apply the paste on your neck too and let it stay for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off using cold water.
- Repeat the pack twice a week for desired results.
How To Use Rice Bran Oil For Hair
Simply massaging your scalp with rice bran oil will also do wonders for your hair as it will soothe your scalp, boost blood circulation, and strengthen the roots of your hair. You can even make a hair mask at home using rice bran oil. Listed below is a quick and simple rice bran oil hair mask recipe for beautiful and long tresses.
- 1/3 cup rice bran oil
- 1/3 cup castor oil
- 1 tsp any one essential oil (jojoba/ peppermint, lavender, tea tree, rosehip, rosemary, lemon)
- 3 tbsp hair conditioner
How to do
- In a bowl, take the conditioner. You can use the conditioner that you usually use for your hair or if you have any homemade conditioner at home.
- Add rice bran oil and castor oil to it and mix well.
- Lastly, add an essential oil to the mixture and blend well until you get a consistent paste.
- Apply the pack on your head and cover it with a shower cap. Let it stay for about 10-15 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- Repeat this once a week for better results.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!