- 2 hrs ago Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, And Other Best And Worst Dressed Celebs Of This Week
- 3 hrs ago Navratri 2019 Day 2 – Here Is How You Can Ace The White Make-up Look
- 3 hrs ago Altitude Sickness: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 22 September 2019
- News At ‘Howdy, Modi!’ event, Teenage prodigy Sparsh Shah to sing Jana, Gana, Mana
- Movies Siddhant Chaturvedi On Gully Boy's Oscar Entry: Words Cannot Express My Happiness
- Sports La Liga: Granada upset Barcelona to reach top of table
- Technology Oppo A5 2020 Retailing On Amazon Starting At Rs. 12,490
- Automobiles Gaurav Gill Involved In An Accident During The INRC At Jodhpur: Three Dead Including A Minor
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Are you facing dry skin issues and are looking for home remedies that can give you soft, supple skin? You can try using walnuts for skin care. Walnuts are a powerhouse of vitamins, nutrients, proteins, and antioxidants that are beneficial for your skin and hair. Although walnuts are relatively small in size, they are loaded with the goodness of a number of benefits that can rejuvenate and nourish your skin in the best possible way.
You can make your very own walnut scrub at home for soft skin. Also, you can even make face packs using walnuts or walnut oil. Read on to know what benefits walnuts offer and some really cool recipes to make your own walnut scrub at home.
Benefits Of Walnuts For Skin
Packed with vitamins, essential nutrients, and anti-ageing benefits, walnuts are a preferred choice of most women when it comes to skin care. Listed below are some really amazing skin benefits of walnuts which will encourage you to include them in your skin care routine:
- They help in fighting free radicals that harm your skin, thus keeping it youthful
- They soothe dry skin and make it soft and supple
- Walnuts reduce skin inflammation due to its anti-inflammatory properties
- They protect skin from sun damage and harmful UV rays
- Walnuts delay the signs of ageing
- They moisturise and nourish your skin, thus making it healthy and glowing
- Walnuts help to fight off dark circles and treat puffy eyes
How To Make Walnut Scrub At Home?
Listed below are two variations of walnut-based face scrubs that you can easily make at home using basic ingredients:
Walnut & sugar scrub
- 4-5 walnuts
- 2 tbsp oats - coarsely grounded
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp sugar
How to do
- In a small bowl, add some crushed walnuts and coarsely grounded oats
- Now, add honey and mix all the three ingredients well
- Next, add some olive oil and again blend all the ingredients well
- Lastly, add some sugar to the mixture and gently mix all the ingredients together
- The walnut scrub is now ready for appluication
- Wash your face with lukewarm water
- Take generous amount of walnut scrub and massage it onto your face in circular motion using your fingertips. Gently scrub your face with the walnut paste for about 5-10 minutes
- Leave it on for another 5 minutes before you proceed to rinse it off with cold water
- Repeat this scrub everyday for desired results.
Walnut & yoghurt scrub
- 3-4 walnuts
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp honey
How to do
- In a bowl, add some crushed walnuts and some honey. Mix both the ingredients well.
- Now, add some yoghurt and again blend all the ingredients well.
- Wash you face with lukewarm water so that it opens up the pores on your skin
- Now take generous amount of walnut-yoghurt scrub and massage your face with it for about 5-10 minutes
- Scrub your face in circular motion so that it increases blood flow and regulates it at the same time.
- Once you are done scrubbing your face with the yoghurt-walnut scrub, rinse it off with cold water as it closes the pores.
- Repeat this pack thrice a week for desired results. This pack will remove all dirt, dust, and dead skin cells from your skin and even reduce tan.