TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Pulwama Attack — All-Party Meet Begins; Rajnath To Brief Opposition
- 2019 Honda Civic Review — Has The Magic Returned?
- India Vs Australia ODI — Rahul Returns To India Squad; Karthik & Jadeja Miss Out
- Gully Boy Friday Second Day Box Office Collection!
- Mi Pay Standalone App Arrives With MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM: Reports
- It Maybe Time For These Beaten Down Stocks To Rally
- Latent Autoimmune Diabetes In Adults
- To The Amazing Town Of Morbi In Gujarat
Is uneven skin tone bothering you? Well, with a bit of make-up products like primer, concealer, and a foundation, things can get better and your problem can be solved without people even noticing it. But, is that a permanent solution. Of course not! Besides, using too much make-up on a regular basis can also harm your skin without you even realising it. So, what can you do in that case?
You can use home remedies for getting rid of uneven skin tone. Speaking of home remedies, have you ever tried using cinnamon?
Loaded with a number of essential nutrients, cinnamon helps to lighten the skin tone and also works best for uneven skin tone. Listed below are some of the main reasons why cinnamon deserves a place in your skin care routine:
- It treats acne, pimples, and blemishes
- It gives you healthy and glowing skin
- It helps to soothe irritated skin
- It treats blackheads as well as whiteheads
You can make a cinnamon-based face mask at home for uneven skin tone. Listed below is an easy to make face mask using cinnamon.
How To Make Cinnamon Face Mask For Uneven Skin Tone?
- 2 tbsp finely grounded cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder
- 4-5 drops of tea tree essential oil
How to do
- In a small bowl, add some finely grounded cinnamon powder
- Next, add honey to it and mix both the ingredients well
- Now, cut half a lemon and squeeze out some juice from it and add it to the mixture in the given quantity
- Next, add some nutmeg powder to it and again blend all the ingredients really well
- Lastly, add a few drops of tea tree essential oil to the mixture and again blend all the ingredients of the face pack well until you get a smooth, creamy paste.
- The paste is now ready for application.
How to apply
- Start off by washing your face with lukewarm water. The warm water will open up the pores on your skin and help to wash out any toxins, dirt, and dust settled on your skin.
- Once done, wipe off your face dry with a clean tissue or a towel.
- Start applying the pack on your face with a brush. You can use your hands to apply the pack too but it might become a bit messy, which is why a brush is recommended.
- Apply the pack to your neck too so that the skin tone of your face and your neck match. Avoid your eyes, ears, and mouth while applying the pack
- Leave it on for about 15-20 minutes before you proceed to wash your face
- Repeat the pack twice a week for desired results
Why this works
- Cinnamon contains antibacterial properties that help to eliminate acne-causing bacteria. It also contains skin lightening properties and gives you glowing skin
- Honey helps to keep your skin moisturised while lemon juice helps to tighten the pores on your skin
- Nutmeg powder gets rid of dead skin cells on your skin and also helps to heal dry skin and keep it moisturised and exfoliated.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of tea tree essential oil help to soothe irritated skin.