- 24 hrs ago How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- 1 day ago Intensive Blood Pressure Management At 50 Likely To Preserve Brain Health
- 1 day ago Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- 1 day ago Real Stories Of Monogamous Couples: When And Why They Chose to Be Monogamous
- Technology These Lucrative Amazon Offers On Vivo Smartphones Will Make You Want To Buy One
- Movies Prabhas & Shraddha Kapoor Remind Us Of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan-Ranbir Kapoor & Salman-Katrina Kaif
- News Flood alert for Delhi as Yamuna likely to cross danger mark today
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Automobiles Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
We all love having chocolates, don't we? But did you know that the topical application of your favourite sweet can do a lot to your skin? Yes, applying chocolate on your skin can benefit you to a great extent.
Here is a simple DIY chocolate and oatmeal face pack that you can try at home for a glowing and flawless skin. This face mask also contains other ingredients like yogurt and honey that can do wonders to your skin if used regularly.
What You Need
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp yogurt
1 tbsp oatmeal
1 tsp honey
How To Prepare
1. In a clean bowl add the required amount of cocoa powder. Make sure that the cocoa powder you use is unsweetened.
2. Next, add plain yogurt into the cocoa powder.
3. Blend the oatmeal to make a fine powder and add it into the cocoa powder mixture along with raw honey.
4. Now combine all the ingredients well to make a smooth paste.
How To Use
1. Wash your face thoroughly and apply this mask evenly on your skin.
2. Leave it on for about 20-30 minutes.
3. After 20 minutes you can remove it with the help of a wet tissue or a soft washcloth.
4. Later wash your face with normal water.
Some Tips To Keep In Mind
1. Apart from the topical application, eating dark chocolate would also benefit the skin.
2. If your skin is dry, you can add a few drops of virgin olive oil to the mask.
3. You can also use milk cream instead of yogurt if you have dry skin.
Benefits Of Cocoa Powder
Rich in antioxidants, cocoa powder helps in preventing the free radical damage. Along with that they also help in improving the blood flow. The flavonols in cocoa help in repairing the skin that has been damaged by the UV rays of the sun.
Benefits Of Yogurt
The lactic acid in yogurt acts as an exfoliant that will help in removing dead skin cells. It also helps in delaying the early signs of ageing by helping to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines. The hydrating properties of yogurt will keep your skin smooth and moisturised.
Benefits Of Oatmeal
Oatmeal contains compounds that help in deep cleansing the skin. A natural exfoliant, oatmeal, can also help in improving the skin tone by removing the dead skin cells. Moreover, it possesses antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that will help in treating dry skin effectively.
Benefits Of Honey
Honey is considered to be a natural moisturiser that can help in keeping the skin hydrated and smooth all the time. Regular application of honey can help you in getting rid of dark spots, acne scars, blemishes and also will help even out the skin tone.