Our body needs protein and so does our skin. The best way to provide protein to our skin is by adding lots of lentils in our everyday skin care list. Though it is on you to pick the right lentil for your skin, one lentil that can be used on any skin type is masoor dal.
Orange in colour, the high protein content of masoor dal, when applied on the skin, shows distinct results.
However, the concern is how to apply masoor dal on the skin?
Well, masoor dal alone cannot be applied and therefore, you have to add some more ingredients to it to prepare the best ready-to-use DIY face packs.
Keeping weekends as cheat days for your skin, here we provide to you five masoor dal face pack recipes that you can make at home and apply on the skin to see a difference in a quick time.
As there are five masoor dal recipes, from Monday to Friday allot a particular recipe for each day and you can start with this skin care routine on a daily basis.
Also, there is a benefit, which we have mentioned, of using each masoor dal face pack recipe that will help rejuvenate the skin like no other.
Masoor Dal, Besan, Curd & Turmeric Powder Face Pack
Ideal for skin tightening and anti-ageing
One teaspoon of masoor dal powder (grind dry masoor dal in the grinder)
One teaspoon of besan
One teaspoon of curd
One pinch of turmeric powder
One small bowl
- Take the bowl, add the masoor dal powder and besan and mix the two.
- Add turmeric powder to the dal and besan powder and mix well until the three powders look light orange in colour and completely blended.
- Add the curd gradually and mix. The curd determines the thickness of your masoor dal face pack. You can add more curd to make it liquid like or more masoor dal powder to try the same.
- Once all the ingredients - masoor dal, curd and turmeric powder together make a thick paste, your face pack is ready to be used.
Masoor Dal With Crushed Marigold Face Pack
Ideal for acne, marks, and blemishes
One tablespoon of masoor dal powder
5-8 marigold flowers
One small bowl
- Take the fresh marigold flowers in the mixer with one tablespoon of water and make it into a paste.
- Now, take a dry jar and blend the masoor dal to make a powder.
- In the bowl, put the marigold flower paste and masoor dal powder together.
- When it is a dark orange thick paste, your masoor dal with crushed marigold face pack is ready to be used.
Masoor Dal With Milk & Raw Egg Face Pack
Ideal for dehydrated skin that requires moisturization.
1/2 a small cup of masoor dal
1/3rd cup of raw milk
1 egg white
1 small bowl
- Preparing masoor dal with milk and raw egg face pack is an overnight process, where you have to soak the masoor dal in water all night.
- Next day morning, first blend the masoor dal into a paste and collect it in the bowl.
- To the bowl of masoor dal paste, add milk and mix. The colour will lighten down.
- Next, add the egg white (no yolk) in the bowl of masoor dal and milk paste to finally prepare your face pack.
- While making the face pack, do not beat the egg white into a froth mixture; do not beat it too hard.
Masoor Dal, Urad Dal, Almond Oil, Glycerine & Rose Water Face Pack
Ideal for glowing skin
1/2 small cup of masoor dal
1/3rd small cup of urad dal
3 tablespoons of almond oil
1 tablespoon of glycerin
2 teaspoons of rose water
1 small bowl
- Preparing masoor dal, urad dal, almond oil, glycerine and rose water face pack is an overnight process. At night, soak both the dals separately in water, in two different bowls.
- Next morning, in the grinder, you have to prepare two separate pastes - masoor dal paste and urad dal paste.
- In the bowl, mix both the dal pastes you prepared.
- In the dal paste, add almond oil, glycerin and rose water - one after the other.
- Once all the ingredients are generously mixed together, your masoor dal, urad dal, almond oil, glycerine and rose water face pack is ready for use.
Masoor Dal With Milk, Turmeric & Coconut Oil Face Pack
Ideal for rough or dead skin
1/2 a small cup of masoor dal powder (grind dry masoor dal in the grinder)
1/3rd small cup of raw milk
1 pinch of turmeric powder
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 small bowl
- Start by putting the masoor dal powder first, followed by turmeric powder.
- In the powder mix, add raw milk and coconut oil to make it into a thick paste.
- Once all the ingredients are mixed thoroughly, your face pack is ready to be applied on the skin.
- Sprouts Dhokla Recipe: How To Make Moong Dal Dhokla
- Green Peas And Moong Dal Chilla Recipe: How To Prepare Green Peas And Moong Dal Chilla At Home
- Green Gram Dosa Recipe: How To Prepare The Low-calorie Green Gram Dosa At Home
- Chana Dal Chutney Recipe: How To Make Kadalebele Chutney
- Vegetarian Haleem Recipe: How To Make Hyderabadi Haleem (Vegetarian)
- Chironji Ka Dalcha Recipe: How To Make Mutton And Chironji Ka Dalcha
- Narkel Diye Cholar Dal Recipe: How To Make Bengali-style Chana Dal With Fried Coconut
- Health Benefits Of Dalia
- Varan Bhaat Recipe: How To Make Maharashtrian Varan Bhaat
- Panchmel Dal Recipe: Rajasthani Panchratna Dal Recipe
- Health Benefits Of Matki
- Dal Baati Recipe: How To Make Dal Baati At Home
- Makeup Tips To Make Face Look Thin