- 5 min ago This All-Natural Henna Hair Dye Is The Only Remedy You Need For Your Grey Hair
- 18 min ago Ranveer Singh Rocks Two Extremely Different Outfits, Which One Did You Like More?
- 48 min ago Katrina Kaif Or Janhvi Kapoor, Who Looked More Glamourous In The Sparkling Sari?
- 1 hr ago UK Lesbian Couple Becomes The First To Carry Their Child In Both Their Wombs
- Technology Airtel Might Become Foreign Entity As Bharti Telecom Seeks Government Nod
- Sports Rishabh Pant gets backing from Brian Lara, Kevin Pietersen
- Finance Bharat Bond ETF Public Issue To Open On December 12
- Movies Ranveer Singh Kisses Shahid Kapoor On The Cheek And Shuts Down Rumours Of Cold War!
- News Not a single citizen will be allowed to turn a refugee due to NRC, CAB: Mamata
- Automobiles Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Accumulation of dead skin cells can lead to a plethora of unsightly skin conditions such as fine lines, wrinkles, dullness, acne breakouts, etc. That is why, it is incredibly important to shed away the dead skin deposits from your skin.
You can either visit a spa or try a store-bought exfoliator. However, if you're looking for an at-home treatment to get rid of dead skin cells and help your skin regenerate, then you should read on. Today, we are letting you know about an incredible ingredient that can be used in various ways to shed away dead skin cells. The ingredient we're referring to is brown sugar.
Easily available in most people's kitchen, brown sugar is a natural humectant and is a rich source of glycolic acid. All these properties enable brown sugar to exfoliate your skin from well under the skin's surface and also ensure that your skin stays well moisturised.
This quick-absorbing ingredient can be used in a number of ways. The easiest way is to prepare a scrub by mixing brown sugar with any other skin-friendly ingredient.
To make things easy, we have compiled a list of easy-to-make and effective DIY brown sugar scrubs that can remove dead skin cells and help your skin stay healthy.
1. DIY Scrub With Brown Sugar And Olive Oil
Take a tablespoon of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix both the ingredients to create this homemade scrub. Use a scrub pad to gently massage this scrub onto your skin. Keep massaging for 10 minutes before rinsing with tepid water. Once a week, use this scrub to get rid of dead skin.
2. DIY Scrub With Brown Sugar And Vitamin E Oil
Take a tablespoon of brown sugar and oil extracted from 3 vitamin E capsules. Mix them up and gently massage the resulting scrub onto your skin. Keep massaging for a while to get rid of the accumulated dead skin cells. After that, wipe it off with a wet washcloth.
3. DIY Scrub With Brown Sugar, Cocoa Butter And Rose Water
In a bowl, put a tablespoon of brown sugar, a teaspoon of cocoa butter and 2 tablespoons of rose water. Mix and apply the resulting scrub on your skin. Then, use a scrub pad to scrub away the deposits of dead skin cells. This DIY scrub can be used once a week for clean and smooth skin.
4. DIY Scrub With Brown Sugar And Coconut Oil
Take a bowl and put a tablespoon of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in it. Mix and slather it all over your skin. Massage for 5-10 minutes with the help of a scrub pad. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Use this homemade scrub once a week to remove dead skin cells.
5. DIY Scrub With Brown Sugar, Honey And Citrus Essential Oil
Mix a tablespoon of brown sugar with 2 tablespoons of organic honey and 4-5 drops of citrus essential oil. Slather and massage this DIY scrub onto your skin. After 10 minutes, wash off your skin with lukewarm water. This DIY scrub can be used once a month to treat the dead skin cells problem for good.
6. DIY Scrub With Brown Sugar, Oatmeal And Lemon Juice
Take a tablespoon of brown sugar and mix it with a tablespoon of cooked oatmeal and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Stir to mix the ingredients together. Then, gently apply it all over your skin and scrub away all the dirt, impurities and dead skin deposits. Try using this DIY brown sugar scrub atleast once in 2 weeks to get smooth skin.
7. DIY Scrub With Brown Sugar, Coffee Grind And Orange Juice
Take a teaspoon of coffee grinds and mix it with a tablespoon of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of orange juice. Mix and apply all over your skin. Then, gently scrub your skin with this skin-smoothening scrub that helps in getting rid of dead skin cells. After 10 minutes, rinse thoroughly with tepid water. Once a month, use this scrub to pull out the gunk from your skin along with the dead skin cells.
8. DIY Scrub With Brown Sugar And Yogurt
Simply put a tablespoon of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of yogurt in a bowl and mix them up. Then, slather the prepared scrub onto your skin and use a scrub pad to massage for 10-15 minutes. Wash it off thoroughly with tepid water. This DIY scrub can be used twice a week to get rid of the dead skin deposit in your skin.