The beauty segment of the market is undergoing a humongous change. The growing concern of consumers regarding the use of unnatural chemical ingredients has led to a demand for organic products.
This trend is driven by the increasing awareness of the ill-effects of various chemicals which are used in the manufacturing of cosmetics. These ingredients cause a lot of health issues to its users. Cosmetic companies use these chemicals as they increase the effectiveness of their products and are also cheaper to source. Some ingredients used are known to be cancerous and some are labelled not unsuitable for humans.This has led to an increasein demand for natural products.
Natural products are safe and without any side effects. More people are realising the goodness of natural products and switching to it. Anything which is labelled 'organic' or 'natural' is fast selling and manufacturers are cashing in on the trend. While some products may genuinely be derived from nature, not all natural or organic products are totally free from chemicals. Therefore, one needs to be too careful in reading the fine print.
Almost everything that we use today contains harmful chemicals. Your everyday things like soaps and shampoos can be made at home, that too with ingredients easily available in your kitchen. Our shampoos and soaps contain surfactants which dry our skin and hair.
The face wash we use actually causes damage to the delicate layers of the skin. When the skin is dry, you'll observe early signs of ageing. Therefore, the best way to stay away from these chemicals is to use natural or better still, home-made products. Using natural products for our personal care will reduce the damage and help maintain our skin health.
Your face wash is a product that you use almost everyday. Why not switch it with a natural home-made product and see the difference it makes on your skin? This article will tell you about recipes for making a home-made cleanser which will clean your skin and make it soft and supple. It will restore the natural pH balance of the skin and give it a glow.
Here are different home-made facial cleansers for different skin types.
1) Home-made Facial Cleanser For Normal Skin
You can get away with anything on normal skin. Here is an easy recipe of a home-made facial cleanser for normal skin.
Chamomile Facial Cleanser
1) 1/4 cup baby wash (or any other mild liquid soap)
2) 1/4 cup chamomile tea
3) 3/4 teaspoon olive oil
4) 3 capsules vitamin E
1) Take a soap dispenser and make sure it is empty and dry.
2) Add the baby wash to it.
3) Now, add the chamomile tea and olive oil.
4) Cut the Vitamin E capsules and add them to the mixture.
5) Mix all the ingredients and close the bottle.
6) Use this cleanser to wash your face everyday.
2) Home-made Facial Cleanser For Dry Skin
Dry skin needs extra moisture. Regular facewashes strip away the natural oils of the skin. Here is a refreshing lavender and rose cleanser to restore the skin's moisture levels.
Lavender And Rose Facial Foaming Cleanser
1) 1/4 cup baby wash
2) 4-5 tablespoons rose water
4)2-3 drops lavender essential oil
1) Mix all the above ingredients one by one in a dispenser.
2) Close the bottle and store it in a cool and dry place.
3) Use it in place of your regular facewash. You will notice that your skin doesn't dry out that easily anymore.
3) Home-made Facial Cleanser For Oily Skin
Oily skin is naturally oily. Therefore, people tend to clean it often with harsh soaps to get rid of the excess oil. Washing excessively will rid your skin of the oil, but the skin will counteract it by producing even more oil instead. Maintaining a delicate balance is important. Here is a facial cleanser which will clean the excess oil without drying the skin.
Aloe Vera And Tea Tree Facial Cleanser For Oily Skin
1) 1/4 cup baby wash
2) 2 tablespoons fresh aloe vera gel
3) 3-4 drops tea tree oil
1) In a clean bottle, mix the baby wash and fresh aloe vera gel together nicely.
2) Add the tea tree oil.
3) Close the bottle and shake to mix everything well.
- Lemon And Honey To Solve All Your Skin Problems
- Worried Of Dark Circles? Here Are Some Natural Ways To Treat Them
- Instant Remedies To Get Pink Lips
- Worried Of Unwanted Facial Hair? Here Are 3 Amazing Papaya Face Packs!
- 5 Amazing DIY Buttermilk Remedies For Skin Care
- What To Do When You Have Dry Skin All Year Round
- Different Types Of Cleansers Available