- 1 hr ago Hina Khan Looks Insanely Beautiful In Her Ivory Leaf-Patterns Sari
- 3 hrs ago Grammys 2020: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Impresses In A Satin Gown But Disappoints In A Sequin Kimono
- 5 hrs ago 9 Interesting Health Benefits Of Pecans
- 6 hrs ago 12 Home Remedies For COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Sports Martin Guptill swears at Yuzvendra Chahal in Hindi on live TV
- Finance Centre To Increase Deposit Insurance To Rs. 5 Lakh, Pay More On Bank Failure
- Movies Hrithik Roshan's Mother Pinkie Roshan Shakes A Leg To 'Ghungroo' Song At Sunaina's Birthday Bash
- News Explained: Who is this gynecologist from Ladakh who was awarded the Padma Bhushan
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Imaginator Launched: Five Options To Customize Your Altroz At The Factory
- Technology Poco X2 Possibly With Snapdragon 730g To Be Unveiled On February 4
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Before we point out the benefits and side effects of the sea buckthorn oil on skin, we must tell you what buckthorn oil is.
What Is Buckthorn Oil?
Buckthorn oil is derived from a shrub with orange berries. The fruits are squeezed and processed to extract the oil out of it. Sea buckthorn shrubs are found around in China and other European countries. The oil serves cosmetic, medicinal and also food purposes.
Where Is It Available?
This is a bit expensive, as it needs to be imported from the mountains of China or a few European countries where the shrubs are cultivated. This type of shrub grows on its own in Mountain ranges and the weather of China and Europe favours its growth.
Availability In India
People living in China and Europe have used this oil for centuries for their therapeutic and cosmetic purposes. India being such a large hub for Ayurvedic and herbal treatments could not back off from deriving this oil. It is easily available in India in Ayurvedic stores and can be ordered online.
How To Apply?
It is ready to use, as it comes in the form of anoil which is extracted from the seeds and is processed under cold pressure.
The oil can be directly used for massages or can be used in other bases. However, a basic consultation from a doctor is recommended if you plan on using this oil.
Effects On The Skin
It is very helpful for the skin in many ways. Due to its antibiotic properties, this oil helps in healing various skin issues.
In the year 2010, it was proved by chemical researchers that sea buckthorn oil had anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. That is when it went viral across the world and its demand increased.
Any kind of skin inflammations, like Rosacea, ranging from bug bites to allergic reactions could be treated by using this oil and applying a dab of it on the skin as per doctor's recommendation.
This oil can fight acne like no other product and prepare the skin with a power to heal itself. Isn't it magical? Of course, it is! Its analgesic and antimicrobial qualities help the skin to fight acne effectively.
Has Anti-ageing Capabilities
Sea buckthorn oil has superoxide dismutase, which is an enzyme known to cure radical skin damage. It helps the skin to rejuvenate, slowing down its ageing properties. Hence, the wrinkles also reduce and form slowly as a later process.
Are you already a fan of the oil? Wait! There is more.
Heals Injuries And Scars
Burns or cuts, all are resolved with this oil. It has an amazing antiseptic property that enables the skin to work faster in healing the wounds or curing burns. It is found as an ingredient in liniments, pastes, skin plasters and medical suppositories.
It was used as a medicine for severe cuts and burns by the Chinese monarchies and people who lived there around decades ago.
Sea buckthorn oil can be used as a natural replica of any branded sunscreen available in the market. This is much better than the chemicals and would not have any reaction on the skin like the chemical sunscreens. It protects the skin from the UV rays and thus acts as a brilliant sun guard.
Hydrates The Skin
Out of all the amazing qualities, it is also helpful in healing dry skin. It cures any kind of dry skin problem and hydrates the skin to make it look bright and beautiful. This mainly happens because it possesses a high quantity of vitamin E.