- 4 hrs ago Alaya F Represents The Modern Indian Bride Through Her Recent Magazine Cover And How Beautifully!
- 5 hrs ago June 2020: Auspicious Housewarming Dates In This Month
- 6 hrs ago 5 Amazing Benefits Of Sunflower Oil For Skin
- 6 hrs ago June 2020: A List Of Popular Festivals That Will Be Celebrated In This Month
- Movies Vijay's Bigil Did Not Incur Losses: Confirms Producer Archana Kalpathi!
- Sports Kohli right guy to take Indian cricket forward, Stokes is best cricketer now: Botham
- News India, China don’t need US help to resolve border frictions: Chinese official media
- Technology Flipkart Sale: Must Check Out Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Automobiles 2020 Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- Finance FM Sitharaman Launches Free Instant PAN Card Facility Using Aadhaar
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
You know how a good rub down, with right pressure at the right point, instantly calms you down. Something akin to first sip of piping hot latte, amidst the work-day crisis.
The same way facial massage works. Only, it comes with more tangible benefits. For instance, it relaxes facial muscles, stimulates blood flow, slows down ageing and gives your skin an irresistible glow.
Added to it, it flushes out toxins, stimulates lymphatic drainage, which in turn removes the puffiness of your skin.
When people hear of facial massage, they automatically presume that here is a job best left to experts. That's where you are wrong. Doing a massage on yourself is far easier than you think, It takes no more than 2 minutes of your time, and it can be done with just any regular moisturiser.
To make the job easier for you, we have decoded a step-by-step guide on doing a facial massage. But, before we get started, there are some ground rules.
Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser before. Don't bring your germ-infested hands anywhere close to your face, until they are cleansed properly. Use slick formula to massage your skin. Light cream won't work well.
So, without further ado, here is how to massage your skin at home!
Cleanse your face and hands with a suitable mild cleanser. Pat it with a soft towel. Avoid rubbing your face. Tie your hair away from your face in a top bun.
Take a dime sized cream in the palm of your hands. Rub the formula between your palms to distribute it evenly through your fingers and slightly warm your hands for better application.
Starting from the centre of your eyebrows, work the cream up and down in a spiral motion. Repeat it several times, until the entire forehead is covered.
Smear the remaining cream on your cheeks. Then, going down to your chin, slide your fingers up past your cheeks towards your ears. Move in a spiral, i.e., from jawline up to the temples. The pace of the massage should ideally match that of your pulse, for optimum stimulation.
For your eyelids, slide your fingers out from the bridge of your nose in an outward direction. Skin around your eyes tends to be thinner, so apply less pressure and go slow.
Lower down to your neck. Start stroking in a vertical motion. Starting from your collar bone work your way up!
Avoid facial massage for glowing skin in case you have an open wound, or acne on your skin, as it can further aggravate the condition.