Forget about pricey skin care products to keep your skin supple, smooth and clear! One ingredient is all that you need to keep your skin in top condition. Here are some of the beauty uses of apple cider vinegar that will save you big bucks!
Apple cider vinegar contains alpha-hydroxyl acids that slough the skin of its dead skin layer, revealing clear skin underneath.
Apple cider vinegar also has a high ratio of malic acid, which acts as a potent antifungal agent, cleansing skin of impurities, killing infection-causing bacteria and keeping the skin clean.
Furthermore, it balances out the skin's natural pH balance, keeping it from getting either too oily or dry.
Added to that apple cider vinegar is a rich source of amino acids, which lock in the moisture in the skin, preventing it from leaking through open pores and it also helps wipe out fine lines.
Now that you know precisely how apple cider vinegar face pack works, let's take a look at how to use it on the skin.
To regulate your skin's natural pH balance, try this simple trick.
- Mix ½ cup vinegar with 1 cup of distilled water.
- Dip a cotton ball in the solution, dab it onto your skin.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
- Store the remaining solution in an air-tight container.
To cleanse the skin of impurities and remove toxins, try this apple cider vinegar face mask.
- Take 1 teaspoon of full earth clay and an equal amount of apple cider vinegar.
- Add a teaspoon of honey to it, and whisk it into a smooth paste.
- Apply a thin layer to your face and neck.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with plain water.
- Try this mask twice a week to keep your skin supple and clear.
Skin Tightening Pack
Apple cider vinegar contains sulphur that can tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Take 1 egg white and beat it into a frothy consistency.
- Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and mix it well.
- Apply it evenly to your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse it clean.
- Your skin will be super smooth and visibly supple.
Hair Shine Rinse
Apple cider vinegar can make your hair incredibly smooth and shiny, here is how.
- Mix ½ a cup of apple cider vinegar with an equal amount of water.
- Add a tablespoon of honey to the solution and mix it well.
- After shampoo, give your hair a last rinse with the solution.
- Let it stay for five minutes and then rinse it clean with plain water.
Reduce Discolouration Of Nails
Acetic acid and malic acid present in apple cider vinegar can remove the yellow tinge from your nails, making the nails appear shiny.
- Mix half a cup of vinegar in 2 cups of water.
- Soak your nails in the solution for 20 minutes, and rinse it with plain water.
- Later, massage your nails well with warm olive oil.
- Repeat daily.
Astringent properties of apple cider vinegar flush out the toxins from the skin, tone it and beat cellulite.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with an equal amount of coconut oil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Massage it in a circular motion on the affected area, do this for 5 minutes.
- Let it naturally get absorbed into the skin.
- Do this daily, until you see a visible difference in the cellulite appearance.