- Finance Airtel Offers Rs. 2 Lakh Insurance With Its Rs. 179 Tariff Plans
- Sports KL Rahul set to continue as wicketkeeper-batsman for a while: Virat Kohli
- Technology SpaceX Crew Dragon Emergency Abort System Test Completed
- Movies Kamya Panjabi Shares A Glimpse Of Her Wedding Card
- News Budget 2020: Modi govt plans to restrict purchase of Duty-free liquor to one bottle, cigarettes
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Do you feel self-conscious to wear shorts and skirts that show off your legs? Are the dark patches on your knees preventing you from wearing what you like?
If yes, then we totally understand your plight. Many of us experience the frustration of dealing with dark and pigmented knee caps that can hamper our overall look.
Dark patches on the knees can make our skin tone appear uneven and undesirable, especially when you want to flaunt short clothes.
Having dark knees can lower our confidence when we are out with people and some of them might constantly give you an advice of how to lighten them.
The skin around your knees darkens due to reasons such as dryness, accumulation of dead cell layer, sun tan, pigmentation, vitamin deficiency, etc.
We normally tend to forget that area of our body while scrubbing our skin during showers, therefore the dead skin layer remains, leading to dark patches.
So, if you yearn to have knee caps that are light, healthy and even toned, make sure that you consume nutritious foods that eliminate vitamin deficiencies.
Also, there are certain natural remedies that you can try to help scrub away the dead skin layer and in turn give you lighter, smoother knees.
You can try this homemade turmeric and olive oil scrub to attain lighter knees. Learn how to make it, here!
Recipe To Prepare The Natural Scrub
- Turmeric - 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
Turmeric or haldi is a natural skin-lightening agent, which is used in Ayurvedic remedies to lighten the skin and make your complexion brighter.
Turmeric also has the ability to nourish your skin cells and help in easing away dark patches and pigmentation.
Olive oil boosts the production of healthy cells in your skin, thereby brightening your knee caps from within. Olive oil also removes dryness by moisturising your skin.
Sugar is a natural skin-exfoliating agent that scrubs away the dead skin layer present on your knee caps, making way for a new, lighter layer of skin.
How It's Done :
- Add the suggested quantity of ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stir them well to form a paste.
- Apply the paste on both your knee caps.
- Massage gently to exfoliate the skin.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash your knees with lukewarm water and a mild soap.