Out watching your favourite movie on a date, and that inevitable happy-ending comes along and you can't help but feel overwhelmed. And before you knew, hot tears sprang up to your eyes, fast trickling down your cheeks, leaving behind a goopy mess of mascara you spent hours perfecting. Nightmare! We have one word for you - face wipes!
From removing makeup, giving your skin that instant freshness to keeping your pores free of dirt and grime, wet wipes can be your ultimate saviour.
Also Read: 7 Simple Beauty Tips For Women Who Workout!
However, a single pack contains not more than ten layers of wet wipes, which can last you for about 3 days. We are no genius, but if you do the math, it can add up to quite a heavy sum in a month.
Furthermore, store-brought wet wipes are not as 'gentle' as they claim to be. Face wipes have a standard shelf life of about 18 months.
In order to last that long, these wipes are doused in heavy chemicals like propylene glycol, parabens and alcohol, which can only spell disaster for your skin.
If you have excessively sensitive skin, you can wake up with skin that is red, flaky and dry.
To avoid all this, we thought of doing a DIY face wipe that is free of chemicals, irritants and alcohol. Take a look.
The ingredients we will be using in our face wipes are coconut oil, aloe vera gel, water, almond oil and castile soap.
Coconut oil is packed with anti-bacterial properties that will unclog pores and kill infection-causing bacteria, aloe vera gel promotes cell regeneration and essential oils will restore the moisture balance of the skin.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- ½ tablespoon of castile soap
- A few drops of essential oil of your choice
Also Read: Remove Kajal Stains From Under The Eyes
Method Of Preparation And Application
- In a medium sized bowl, pour all the ingredients together. Whisk until all the components blend well.
- Cut an old soft and clean t-shirt in "2x2" size. Place it in a huge bowl, pour the solution over the cloth or paper towel and let it soak up the solution for a couple of hours.
- Remove the excess solution and place the wipes in a jar. Store it in a refrigerator. Use it as your regular wet wipes.
Note - One batch can easily last you for a couple of weeks; however, if you notice the wipes starting to get mouldy, discard it immediately.