- 1 hr ago Chata, The Cute Munchkin Kitten With The Cutest Sleeping Poses!
- 2 hrs ago On Regina Cassandra's Birthday, Take A Look At Her Impeccable Fashion Sense
- 2 hrs ago Viral: This Adorable Penguin Migrates 8,000 KM Every Year To Meet The Man Who Saved It
- 3 hrs ago Video Of 70-Year-Old Physics Professor From Virginia Doing Crazy Experiments Goes Viral
- Technology Realme Buds Air Massive Leak: Complete Specs And Price Revealed
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana: 2019 Has Been My Biggest Year
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Finance Nirmala Sitharaman Debuts In Forbes 2019 World's 100 Most Powerful Women List
- News IMA Ponzi scam: ED attaches Rs 10 crore assets in 'Islamic banking or halal investment'
- Sports Rumour Has It: Guardiola has break clause in Manchester City contract
- Automobiles Tata Altroz India Launch Date Confirmed: To Rival The Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Is your skin, almost, always peppered with nasty pus-filled pimples? Do endless products seem to have no reaction on your acne-prone skin? Then, it is time to give this DIY clove acne face mask a try!
We have heard about countless herbal ingredients that have proven to show mild to noticeable difference on acne. However, this was the first time we heard about clove usage on skin acne, much-less in clearing acne without leaving tell-tale marks!
So, we had to test its authenticity ourselves and this is what we found out! Acne happens when the sebaceous glands get chocked with bacteria and dirt, causing red boils to sprout on skin.
It is a condition more common in people between the age group of 16 and 25 years, that is, when skin produces more sebum. Acne can occur not just on your face but neck, back and drearier areas too!
Now, clove contains antibacterial properties that make it a strong cleanser. It cleansers the pores, kills infection-causing bacteria, preventing it from further spreading.
This DIY acne clove face mask also acts as a mild chemical peel, it sloughs off the dead skin layer, lightens blemishes, revealing clear and healthy skin.
Plus, it is a potent source of antioxidants that stimulate blood flow, boost collagen level and promote the regeneration of new skin cells.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to cure acne naturally using clove.
Peel, dice, and grind half a piece of apple. Whip the apple into a smooth, lump-free paste. Apple is high on fibre that locks the moisture in skin and prevents it from leaking though the pores.
Next, boil 1 cup of water, add a tablespoon of green tea leaves and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off the flame and let the tea cool down. Green tea contains a chock-full of antioxidants that keep the skin healthy and glowing.
Take a bowl, mix a teaspoon of apple paste, with an equal amount of green tea. Using a fork, mix it well to get a smooth consistency. Next add 1 drop of clove oil.
You can also add a teaspoon of organic honey in this DIY acne face mask. Honey is a rich source of amino acids and vitamin C, which revitalize, hydrate and nourish the skin.
Cleanse your face of the day's dirt, by washing it with plain water. In case if you have any makeup on, use a mild face wash to remove the makeup residue. Pat dry your skin.
Apply a thin coat of the mask to your face and neck. Avoid the area around your eyes and mouth. Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
Once the mask dries off completely. Spritz some water, and when the mask loosens, scrub in a circular motion using your fingers. Do this for 2 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water, and follow it up by washing your face with cold water.
Pat dry your skin using an old t-shirt. Next, massage your skin with a light moisturiser that suits your skin type
Key Points To Keep In Mind
- Clove oil tends to be very concentrated, so make sure to dilute it with a base carrier oil in 1:10 ratio, in case if you are using directly.
- No skin reacts the same way to clove, so make sure to patch test it first to eliminate any possibility of side effects.
- Slight burning sensation is normal with this face mask; however, if you feel extreme irritation, rinse your face immediately with water and rub some ice.
- Apply this mask once a week to see a noticeable difference in acne.
This clove face mask recipe will dry off any acne, lighten old blemishes and with time clear out acne.