- 43 min ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black-hued Attire And Ups The Fashion Bar
- 1 hr ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- 1 hr ago Amazing Health Benefits Of Guava For Babies
- 1 hr ago Panipat Actress, Kriti Sanon's Sari And Sports Shoes Look Is What We Want To Nail
- Movies Akshay Kumar Does Not Want The ‘Action Hero’ Tag, Is Comfortable Acting In All Genres
- News Govt has cancelled Nithyananda's passport
- Sports India vs West Indies, 1st T20I: Live Update: Chahar gets rid of Simmons early
- Technology Apple Updates "Clips" App With Memoji, Animoji, And More
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
Various cosmetics and skin care products are widely available is beauty salons and stores. With the introduction of these products people are longing to purchase it thinking it is effective for the skin. It is also seen that these products have become a whole lot easier for women and men to achieve a healthy, smooth and beautiful skin.
If you ever though these products are good for you, it is a wrong ideology. These beautifully packed products are actually unsafe as they cause a sudden breakout, blemishes and dark spots. Also, most makeup products and cosmetics are terribly harsh on the skin and numerous studies report that they are carcinogenic.
So, if you thought all this while that your makeup and cosmetics are good for you, think again. Here are 10 cosmetic and makeup products that can cause significant harm to your skin and body.
Alert: these are just a few of the cosmetics, there are many more which might take the end of the day for us to list out.
Lipstick dries the moisture from your lips but not lip balms. If you want to wear a stunning colour to match your outfit, apply a coat of lipbalm first and then use lipstick. It is also believed that lipsticks and lip-glosses contain oils and chemicals which damage your lips rather than help them to look beautiful.
Everyone states that moisturisers and creams are a must to apply after a warm bath. Though you see a good change on your skin, you should know that most face creams contain mineral oil and paraffin ingredients which damage the skin barrier and increase moisture loss from the skin.
Kajal is one of the many things every Indian applies to her eyes. Being there for years, this cosmetic now have proved to be harmful for your skin. The black liner can cause glaucoma, dry eye and conjunctival discoloration. It can also lead to chemical, toxic and infective conjunctivitis.
The worst cosmetic that can harm your skin is nail polish. The dark colours look trendy and beautiful but they contain chemicals which adversely effects the nails. The strong nail remover or acetone is also harmful as it only stains the nails and weakens its strength.
Talcum powder absorbs moisture and so we use powder to avoid perspiration especially in summer. But did you know that talcum powder can cause damage to the skin by blocking the pores and not allowing the skin to breathe.
Strong chemical bleach breaks down the oils that are supposed to keep your skin soft and supple. Bleach also contains Hydroquinone which is a caustic substance known for causing redness, peeling, a rash, dryness on the skin when used. Bleach is one of the many cosmetics that cause harm on the skin.
The worst mistake you can make after shaving is opting for waxing. The former makes your skin rough and the latter only makes your skin sag. Waxing also brings about ingrown hair, red bumps, and minor bleeding too depending on the type of wax. If you wax your face to remove unwanted hair and tan, over a period of time the skin will sag and cause the onset of wrinkles.
Before colouring your hair, it's important to know that allergic reactions to dyes can cause hair loss, burning, redness, itchy scalp, facial swelling and breathing difficulty. This is another cosmetic which can harm your skin. Therefore, it is advisable to go in for healthy home remedies.