- 33 min ago Viral Video Of Pigeons Wearing Hats In Las Vegas Got Twitterati Explode With Reactions
- 1 hr ago Scientists Develop Carbon Dioxide Eating Bacteria, A New Hope For Climate Emergency?
- 2 hrs ago Here Is How You Can Recreate Priyanka Chopra’s Glam And Bold Make-up Look
- 3 hrs ago Indian-Origin Scientist Finds A Way To Fix Leaky Gut By Dead Probiotics
- Movies Alia Bhatt Beats Deepika Padukone, Named The Sexiest Asian Woman Of 2019
- Technology Xiaomi Launches Gigabee Smart Walkie-Talkie: Price And Features
- Sports Is Rishabh Pant dating Urvashi Rautela? India cricketer goes out with Bollywood actress for late-night dinner in Mumbai
- News CAB Protests: Mobile internet, messaging services withdrawn in Meghalaya
- Automobiles Maserati Levante, Ghibli & Quattroporte Launched With V6 Petrol Engines
- Finance Retail Inflation Spikes In November To 5.54% On Costly Food Items
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
All of us have a constant pursuit for cosmetics to look more beautiful. There is a notion among people that without cosmetics they won’t look beautiful. It is true that cosmetics does give that extra glow and attraction to our face, but at times the side-effects of makeup are too risky. Headaches, respiratory issues, skin problems and damage to reproductive organs are some of the harmful effects of makeup.
Modern society is too dependent on beauty care products that it never gives a thought about the harmful effects of makeup. Makeup has now become the need of society that nobody cares about the side effects. We are unaware of the ingredients used in all the cosmetics that we are scrubbing, painting and spraying onto our body. The makers claim about the safety of their products, but do you think that somebody will care your body more than what you do? Often the quality is compromised for the profit.
So, it is better to have an idea about the side-effects of makeup that we use daily and use the products only after checking. Always make sure to find the chemicals contained in cosmetics before applying as the side-effects of makeup are unimaginable. Here, we will discuss some of the common side-effects of makeup:
Skin moisturisers and other fairness creams contain a high concentration of detergent-like chemicals in it. Skin rashes, acne, skin darkening, infections and inflammation are some of the side-effects of makeup that we scrub or paint onto our body daily.
Brain Damage And Behavioural Disorders
Lipsticks contain metals like lead, cadmium, chromium, aluminium. Constant use of lipstick woll cause the ingestion of these chemicals. This can cause brain damage leading to behavioural abnormalities.
We often use skin creams, soaps and body lotions every day for radiant, healthy looking skin. Ingredients in these products can cause adverse effect on our body. For example, some bleaching creams contain mercury, a highly toxic metal, which can cause damage to the kidneys and nervous system.
Most powders that we daily use has harmful minerals that when inhaled can cause permanent lung damage. So, always opt out for pressed powders. Even the fragrances used in cosmetics might cause headaches.
Many cosmetic products like shaving creams and moisturisers contain a preservative called parabens. Parabens can trigger breast cancer in humans. It is often argued that cancer is one of the most harmful effects of makeup. Also, prolonged use of certain cosmetics can cause skin cancer.
Prolonged used of moisturisers and skin creams cause wrinkles and other permanent skin problems. The cosmetic makers then introduce anti-ageing creams and other lotions which we are again forced to use. Be careful in choosing the right products for you.
Use of shampoos, hair colours, gel, and serum can actually damage your hair. Most of these items contain, formaldehyde, a harmful chemical, will affect the hair quality and quantity. Excessive hair fall, dandruff, redness of the scalp and permanent discolouration are some of the harmful effects.
Remove your makeup completely before going to bed. This can reduce the side-effects of makeup to a certain extent. Before concluding, remember the famous quote by Anne Frank “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.”