- 5 hrs ago Legendary Broadway Composer Stephen Sondheim Passes Away At 91: Tribute
- 6 hrs ago Amazon Sale: Trench Dress, Winter Boots, Beanie Caps And More Winter Fashion Products Sorted For You
- 8 hrs ago Your Traditional Outfits Sorted Ft. Mahima Makwana, Bhumi Pednekar, And Chitrangda Singh
- 10 hrs ago World AIDS Day 2021: How To Take Care Of HIV Positive Family Member Or If You Are An HIV Patient
- Movies House of Gucci Movie Review Exclusive: Lady Gaga-Adam Driver Film Is High On Fashion, Short Of Eloquence
- News Winter Session of Parliament: Speaker Om Birla to meet floor leaders of parties on November 29
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Hyderabad Fc stun champions Mumbai City FC
- Education MPSC State Service Main Amit Card 2021 Released, Download MPSC Main Exam 2020 Admit Card On mpsconline.gov.in
- Automobiles The Iconic British Brand BSA Is Gearing Up To Make Its Comeback
- Finance Tomato Prices Will Continue To Remain On The Higher Side: Crisil
- Technology Vivo Watch 2 Features, Design Tipped Via Leaked Renders; How’s It Different From Original?
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Bhopal
We have peppermint leaves as a mouth freshener to feel fresh and prevent mouth odour. Though very few of us are aware about the health and beauty benefits that comes out of peppermint. Peppermint has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that not only prevents mouth odour, but also relieves digestive problems and ease headache.
Menthol present in peppermint offers both health and skin benefits. For example, menthol thins mucus which helps get rid of cold. It also provides a soothing effect to the skin and hair. Take a look on the skin benefits of peppermint and ways to use it for skin care.
Skin benefits of peppermint:
Treats oily skin: Peppermint leaves have been used since decades to treat oily and greasy skin. Menthol in peppermint reduces the secretion of oil from the sebaceous glands which further helps to get an oil-free skin naturally.
Soothes skin irritation: This is one of the skin benefits of using peppermint. You can care for your irritated skin by applying freshly grounded peppermint leaves. Peppermint has cooling properties that reduces skin inflammation, insect bites, skin burn and rashes. You can also mix peppermint leaves with honey to get best results. Honey has antioxidants and antibacterial properties that can be good for irritated skin. If you are using peppermint oil, dilute it before applying topically.
Cures acne: One of the major skin benefits of using peppermint is, it cures acne. Menthol not only provides the cooling effect but also helps get rid of acne and pimples.
Fights sun tan: Peppermint is a rich source of Vitamin A and C. Apart from vitamins, peppermint is good for skin care as it contains folate and Omega-3 fatty acids. The cooling effects of peppermint and vitamins helps in fighting sun related skin problems like sun tan or sunburn.
These are few skin benefits of applying peppermint. So start caring for your dull and oily skin by using peppermint oil or leaves. Crush the leaves and apply topically on the skin to get best results. If you are using peppermint oil, dilute it as it can lead to temporary skin inflammation.