- News 'What a failed lockdown looks like': Rahul slams Centre's COVID plan
- Movies World Environment Day 2020: Hina Khan Urges Fans To Preserve And Take Care Of Mother Earth
- Sports MS Dhoni India comeback: Kiran More reveals how former India captain can be part of Team India again
- Automobiles Ackodrive Moves Its Sales Completely Online Amidst Lockdown
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A31 Vs Other Smartphones Under Rs. 25,000
- Finance L&T Q4 Net Profit Falls 6.5%; Announces Rs 8/Share Dividend
- Education Top 10 World Environment Day Quotes For Students
- Travel Scenic Road Trips In The Western Ghats That Every Biker Must Take This Monsoon
Kim Kardashian has been a trendsetter in every sense of the word. Many of us look up to her when it comes to what's new and trending in the fashion and beauty sphere. Also, an owner of a beauty line, the KKWBeauty, Kim Kardashian has always had mixed reviews when it comes to her beauty line.
Recently, Kim revealed the release of a new beauty line under her brand, The Mattes Collection, through an Instagram post. Kim's make-up in the post is a '90s inspired make-up. In the post, Kim is wearing a white and black smokey eye, heavily kohled eyes along with plump and juicy nude lips. The lower waterline filled with white eyeliner adds a bold statement to the look. But she also received backlash from the netizens for not looking like herself!
View this post on Instagram
I’m so excited to announce my new 90’s inspired collection of all matte formulas- The Matte Smoke & Matte Cocoa Collections!!! I get a lot of my makeup inspiration from the 90’s and love how nostalgic this entire collection is. The collection features 2 10-Pan Eyeshadow Palettes, 6 Lipsticks in a brand new matte formula, 6 Lip Liners, and 5 Eyeliners. Matte Smoke & Matte Cocoa are two entirely different color ranges, so there are so many looks you can create with this collection. I can’t wait for you guys to try it!!! Launching to kkwbeauty.com on Friday, 08.16 at 12pm pst #kkwbeauty
A post shared by Kim Kardashian West (@kimkardashian) on
Keeping all that aside, for all you make-up lovers, this look of hers shall come as a treat. Afterall, it's not every day that you see a white and black smokey eye and such plump nude lips that compliment each other so well. So here we are with Kim's make-up look decoded for you. Take a look!
The White And Black Smokey Eye Look
What you need
- Matte foundation
- White eyeshadow
- Black eyeshadow
- Soft pink blush
- Silver highlighter
- Eyebrow pencil
- Chocolate brown lip liner
- Nude brown glossy lipstick
- Black eyeliner
- White eyeliner
- False eyelashes
- Setting powder
- Setting spray
- Beauty blender
- Fluffy eyeshadow brush
- Blush brush
- Bronzer brush
- Contour brush
Steps to recreate the look
- Apply some moisturiser on your face. Give it a few minutes to get absorbed into the skin.
- Apply the primer on the T-zone of your face. Wait for a couple of minutes for it to settle into your skin.
- Apply the foundation all over your face. Blend the foundation well using a damp beauty blender.
- To highlight your face, apply the concealer under your eyes, on your chin and in the centre of your forehead. Blend it in using the same damp beauty blender.
- Immediately set the concealer with some setting powder to prevent it from creasing.
- Using the bronzer slightly bronze up your face and forehead.
- Next, dip a contour brush in the contour palette, tap off the excess and contour your cheekbones and jawline. Also, contour your nose using a smaller contour brush.
- Now apply some blush on your cheekbones.
- Using the eyebrow pencil, define and fill in your eyebrows.
- Moving to the eyes, apply some concealer all over your lid and blend it well using your fingertips.
- Take the white eyeshadow on the fluffy eyeshadow brush and apply it all over your lid. Take your time blending it in.
- Next, take the black eyeshadow on the fluffy brush and apply it on the outer corner of your eyes and the crease of your eyelids. This adds depth to your eye look. Blend the shadow well.
- Apply the highlighter on your cheekbones, the tip and bridge of your nose and your cupid's bow.
- Line and define your lips with the lip liner and top it off the glossy lipstick.
- To set your make-up in place, spritz some setting spray all over your face.