Who doesn't want to have lips like Angelina Jolie? All women envy and crave to have lips like hers. Fuller lips are considered to be sensual and every woman dreams of having them.
Some of us are lucky because we are born with fuller lips, but some of us have to work on it with a little bit of makeup to help make our lips plump. Besides using injections with fillers, which are costly, and some of us do not have the inclination to do so, we do have cosmetic products that can help us achieve the look that we want.
It may not be a permanent solution, but if makeup can help us get plump lips just for a day, then why not give it a try?
Voluptuous lips add extra oomph to your face, and who wouldn't want that? There are natural ways to plump the lips as well, like applying honey to your lips or massaging your lips with ice cubes, etc., but today, in this article, we will give you a few makeup tips to make your lips look plump and voluptuous in a jiffy. Let us take a look.
Exfoliation is one of the most important rituals before you apply any lip products. You wouldn't want to apply your makeup on dry, dull, flaky lips, do you? Dry and flaky lips reflect less light and make your lips look smaller. Get rid of those dry dead cells by lightly brushing them off with a toothbrush. You can also exfoliate your lips with this simple homemade recipe.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of sugar (brown or white) with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or olive oil.
- Gently rub it over your lips for a minute.
- Wash it off with normal water.
2. Apply A Lip Balm:
You would want to moisturize and hydrate your lips after a good scrub to lock in the moisture. This will make your lips look plump when you apply your lipstick. Once you apply your lip balm, make sure you wait for a couple of minutes, so that the lip balm seeps into your lips. You can use any kind of a moisturizing lip balm; but the one that has mint flavour would be the best choice for your lips because mint helps to boost blood circulation and, in turn, makes your lips look fuller.
3. Apply A Lip Concealer:
Dab a lip concealer over your lips to make sure that your lipstick stays on your lips for a long time. You can blend your concealer a little bit beyond your lip line to blur the edges. This will help your lips look fuller and natural before applying your lipstick. Make sure you use a concealer that matches your skin tone, so that you can blur your lip lines.
4. Outline Your Cupid’s Bow:
What is a cupid's bow? Cupid's bow is the slight dip on your upper lips. Define your cupid's bow with a lip liner, so that your lips stand out.
5. Apply A Lip Liner:
Choose a shade that's a bit darker than your lipstick. This will help to define your lips and is the best way to create an illusion for fuller lips. Apply a lip liner beyond your natural lip line for extra fullness. Make sure you do not fill your lips with a lip liner.
6. Apply A Nude Or A Light-coloured Lipstick:
Avoid using dark-coloured lipsticks, as these will make you look dull and your lips won't look fuller either.
Use a nude or a light-coloured lipstick, such as peach or pink. If you want extra fullness, blend the two lipsticks of similar colour; but one should be darker than the other. Use the darker shade on the outer part of your lips and the lighter shade in the middle of your lips. Now, blend the edges with a lip brush.
7. Shimmer Your Lips With A Lip Gloss:
Apply a shiny lip gloss on top of your lipstick for a fuller look. Shiny lip gloss will reflect light and will make your lips look larger. Make sure you apply a clear lip gloss or a shade similar to your lipstick.
8. Define Your Coloured Lips With A Concealer:
Dab a small amount of concealer around the edge of your lip liner with the help of a lip brush. Blend the concealer carefully into your skin, so that it looks natural. Applying a concealer will help bring attention to your lips and make them look large and full.
9. Use A Highlighter On Your Cupid’s Bow:
Apply a small amount of cream highlighter or a powder highlighter on your cupid's bow. This will help reflect light to that area and make your lips appear fuller. Make sure you blend the highlighter properly, so that it looks natural.
10. Contour Your Lower Lips:
Apply a contour powder beneath your lower lips to give an illusion of fuller lips. Dust a small amount of contour powder beneath your lower lips and blend it well.
11. Avoid Lipstick On Your Teeth:
Get rid of lipsticks that may have gotten on your inner lips by simply putting your finger in your mouth and pressing your lips to your finger. The excess lipstick will stay on your finger and not on your teeth.
And we are done. You can now pout that plump lips with confidence.
- Effective Remedies To Get Rid Of White Spots On Lips
- Easy And Effective Remedies To Get Rid Of Lip Pimple
- Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Skin Around Lips and Chin
- Easy-to-make Homemade Scrubs For Chapped Lips
- Natural Oils You Can Use To Nourish Chapped Lips In Winter
- Get Baby-Soft Lips By Using These Home Remedies
- This Is What Your Face Can Reveal About Your Health & Lifestyle
- Take Care Of Your Lips With These Diy Lip Balms
- Press These Areas Of The Body For Fast Weight Loss & To Treat Digestion Issues
- 5 Creative Lip Makeup Ideas To Look Different
- All You Need To Know About Lip Injections
- Ten Fabulous Lip Scrubs You Can Make At Home
- Smart Tips To Make Your House Dust-Free