- 17 hrs ago Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- 17 hrs ago Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- 18 hrs ago Kalki Koechlin Just Made This Monsoon A Little More Fun With Dreamy Blue Eye Make-up!
- 1 day ago Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- News Heart filled with grief: Sonia Gandhi's emotional letter to Dikshit's son
- Movies #NotMyDeepika Trends Urging Deepika Padukone To Not Work With MeToo Accused Luv Ranjan
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls begin title defence with win over Patna Pirates
- Technology TRAI Seeks Views On KYC Of DTH Set-Top Boxes
- Automobiles Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Who doesn't love make-up? Well, make-up is not only something that makes our face look lively but it also amps up the whole look. But most of us are unaware or wrongly guided about some make-up tips. So it is important to make sure that you are aware of the right way to apply make-up else it can ruin your whole look.
In this article, we'll be talking about the most common myths about make-up and the real facts. So the next time you apply make-up, make sure that you follow the below tips.
Myth: Apply foundation only on the areas where it is necessary.
Fact: Foundation is often used to lighten and give an even tone to our skin. Also most of the foundations available in the market today gives an all-natural look and can be used for the full face. Most of the foundations are infused with sunscreen and anti-ageing components that will help in maintaining a healthy and young looking skin. If not applied on the entire face, it will form patches on the face later.
Myth: Mascara should be applied on the top and bottom lashes.
Fact: Mascara does magic to your eyes. It changes the way your face looks. It gives your eyes a dramatic touch. But the fact is that mascara should be applied to the upper lashes. Applying it on the lower lashes will make your dark circles and under eye wrinkles more prominent. So the next time you apply mascara, make sure that you do it on the upper lashes only to get that perfect eyes.
Myth: Bronzer should be applied on the areas exposed to the sun.
Fact: Our complexion becomes a little pale as we grow older. Therefore, it is important to dust your skin with a bronzer according to your skin tone. Dark and shimmery powders will make your fine lines and wrinkles prominent. You can use a matte bronzer for a beautiful contour. And a bronzer should be applied on your cheeks and up to your temples. Dust a little powder on your cheeks and move ahead to apply a little blush.
Myth: Apply shimmer on the corner of your eyes to make your eyes brighter.
Fact: This is a common make-up mistake that we all do. But this is not applicable for everyone. If you are someone who has wrinkles under the eyes, then this is a total no-no for you. This is because applying shimmer on the corner of your eyes will definitely highlight your eyes but along with it this will also highlight your wrinkles and dark circles.
Myth: Apply blush on the apple of your cheeks.
Fact: We are always told that blush should be applied on the apple of your cheeks but this is not necessary. As we grow older our skin tends to become saggy and dull. Therefore it is important to lift up your lookface. For this, apply a shade of brown pink blush on the highest point of the cheekbones using an upward sweep for a lively look.