- 39 min ago LFW W/F 2019 Day 5: Kangana Ranaut Took Our Breath Away With A Pastel Blue Make-up Look
- 3 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Four: Rhea Chakraborty Oozes Elegance In Her Old-Fashioned Black Gown
- 5 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Day 4: Ananya Pandey's Make-up Look Will Make You Swoon
- 7 hrs ago On Mother Teresa's Birthday, Here Are Some Of Her Quotes On Love, Life & Happiness
- News Jaitley's voice may no longer reverberate in Parliament, his presence will be remembered: Rahul
- Sports US Open 2019: Cahill confident Serena will match Court's record tally
- Movies Inshallah: Who's Trying To Sabotage Salman Khan's Movie? Theatrical Rights Sold for Rs 190 Crore!
- Technology Must-Have Apps To Enhance WhatsApp User Experience On Android
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
There are so many things we women have to take care of when it comes to skin and hair care. Right from visiting salons and fixing appointments for waxing and clean-ups to facials and hair cuts or hair spas, we have to do so much... and yet we tend to forget something or the other. But, did you know, you can now do most of these essential treatments at home by merely using some basic ingredients from your kitchen?
Who would have thought that you could wax your hands and legs and even your eyebrows at home now using some very basic ingredients like lemon and sugar? Want to know how to make your own eyebrow wax and the correct way to use it for waxing your brows? Read on...
How To Make Your Own Eyebrow Wax At Home?
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4-5 tbsp raw sugar
- 2 tbsp water
How to do
- Take a medium-sized cooking pot and add lemon juice and water to it. Heat the mixture on a low flame and bring it to a boil.
- Now, add sugar and stir all the ingredients together and let it simmer until it turns golden in colour.
- Turn off the heat and pour the mixture into a small stainless steel bowl
- Let the mixture cool down a bit. Once it starts to cool down, you might see that it has turned a shade darker than it already was, which is perfectly fine. Let the mixture cool down a bit, but not completely as you need to use it for waxing while its slightly warm - just like how you use it for hands and legs waxing.
- The mixture is now ready for application.
How To Wax Your Eyebrows At Home?
- Waxing strips cut into small pieces
- A small spatula to apply the wax
- Tweezers to pull out extra hair
- A brow brush
How to do
Note: Before you begin waxing your brows, there is one thing you must remember - your brows must have enough hair for it to be waxed - which is typically 1/4th length.
- To begin with, you need to first choose the shape of your eyebrows.
- Once you choose the shape, check if you need to trim your brows. If you do, you can do it with the help of sharp, small scissors.
- Use a brow brush to brush the hair of your brows upwards to see if there are any strands that are longer than the rest. If there are, you can remove them with the help of scissors.
- Now, clean the area around your brows where you need to wax. You can use a pre-wax cleanser for this which is easily available in the market. You can wipe it off using cotton wipes.
- Next, dust some powder on the area to be waxed.
- Apply the way evenly in the direction of the hair growth. Keep a mirror handy in front of you - preferably the cosmetic mirror rather than a regular one.
- Place a wax removal strip on the area where you applied the wax, tap gently but firmly, and pull it in the opposite direction.
- If there are some small strands of hair still left after the waxing, you can gently remove them using tweezers.
- Repeat the same for the other eyebrow as well.
- Once done, apply a moisturising cream or an eyebrow gel to the area and massage for about a minute and leave it at that.